Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear all,I'm playing with storm-control for a better network stability.I use this configuration it it seem to work fine, because I get no traps .. BUT today i had a attack to one router and the strom-control didn't inform me.So I'm thining of imporvi...

I need 100BaseLX Layer2 aggregation switches .. The IE3000 offers 8 ports 100Base-SFPs ... is there a 19'' model (not rugged) with 12 or 24 ports ?- the L3 metro switch are too expensive- the 3750 and 3750x 12 or 24 do NOT support 100BAseLX SFPs (GLC...

grodoni by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a port channel defined between two catalyst 2960S switches as shown belowinterface Port-channel1switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,20switchport mode trunkswitchport nonegotiateinterface GigabitEthernet1/0/47switchport trunk allowed vlan 10,20swi...

avilt by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello guys,i have a cisco 6500 switch in VSS and suddendly one of the switch in VSS got restarted... crach file got generated, please let me know if something you can find out, (software or hardware issue)Software Version Running: ADVIPSERVICESK9-M, ...

A colleague of mine powered on a 3750X switch and added it to an existing stack before the stack finished booting.  Now, it seems as though the switch is in a continous loop.  Here is what I have done to try to resolve the issue:- reload the entire s...

Hi I have switch A interface 1/0/1 trunk (VLAN 1) is connecting to  switch B (VLAN2) interface 1/0/1 trunk. How do I route the packet from VLAN1 in switch A to VLAN 2 in switch B?Switch A:interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1switchport trunk encapsulation d...

We are using c3750-24fs-s switches on our LAN. It is our understanding that these switches are end of life and the c375v2-24fs-s is the replacement, and our assett team ordered V2 with the last shipment.Now we see thered is an issue. The 3750s deploy...

I have spent the last few hours reading different documents but I am still coming up empty handed.I've got a ASA 5525, has a inside interface & sits at 10.33.1.1I defined a logical interfaces with vlan tag 3364 -- sits at 10.33.64.1 (this will be for...

itsupport by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I"m inheriting a new network that uses a 6513 as the core switch with VRF implemented.  How do I telnet or ssh to a 3750X from the core when VRF is implemented.  Just to ping I had to use " ping vrf TRUSTED x.x.x.x". 

I've got the following setupinterface GigabitEthernet0/0description Outside Interfacespeed 100duplex fullnameif outsidesecurity-level 0ip address (removed) 255.255.255.240 !interface GigabitEthernet0/2description Inside interfacenameif insidesecurity...

itsupport by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allI have a bizzare situation in which certain ports of certain switches are going up and down.  First there were STP errors which I have managed to get rid of but there are still issues with certain ports on certain switches.  Not all the affecte...

We are looking to upgrade the core switch from a Catalyst 4506 to a 6509.  Being that the 4506 is currently the VTP server, how would you recreate teh 6509 to become the new VPT server?  Would I bring them both online and configure the 6509 as a serv...