Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

A quick basic question:In the following diagram,Host H has a Default Gateway of S2.L3 switch has a routed L3 port to R and has a static route to 192.168.10.X network via R.L3 swtich receives the blue packet.Question: How does L3 SW handle this? Does ...

Those accessing my router from the WAN (GigabitEthernet0/0) over port 80 are redirected to a reverse-proxy (10.10.10.10) hosted internally on the DMZ. This works fine and clients are able to access the web server the reverse-proxy is pointing to.ip n...

Hello everyone,I ran into a problem today where a server with a faulty network card prevented a LAN pc from sending ICMP requests with a packet lengh of 0.My question is, how could I have confirmed this using cisco commands such as show and debug ins...

Hello,I have two locations each with a 3560G and a wireless bridge between them capable of 60Mbps TCP.  I am seeing output drops on the 3560G's because of the limited bandwidth of the wireless link, and I have setup the ports on the 3560G's as follow...

Resolved! hairpin

Hello Experts,Can anybody explain me what is this hairpin connection ?What are the things which can not be achieved without hairpin...I mean here to explain hairpin in detail.Sharing some good document will also fine for me.Unfortunately i come acros...

Hello,We have a LAN with split into 8 VLAN's and the network seems to of got very sluggish over the last few months and we haven't done any major changes that we think may be causing this.  For example our company uses an App that is hosted, if we us...

I'm configuring CoPP for an ASR 1001 router with consolidated IOS XE Version: 03.07.01.S.  And I'm trying to use 'DROP' command under policy map to dropun wanted traffic. But the drop command is not listed. Did Cisco remove it or I'm doing something ...

Hi All,I remember there is one command which can tell you which memory slot has how much big memory in Cisco 2800 or 3800. But at this moment, I just couldn't recall this command. Google didn't help too much. I checked "show diag" but didn't see any ...

Hi,I am Ashley and i got 2 routers 2811 running  on HSRP on the LAN. On the active HSRP router, I am getting the following logs continuously:Nov  6 14:24:44.439: %IPC-5-REGPORTFAIL: Registering Control Port Id=0x3 timeout=0x6 -Process= "IPC register ...

Does anyone out there have multicast data across OTV extensions ?  We run OTV between two pairs of Nexus 7000 in different datacenters with mcast underlying encapsulation. We stretch 10 or so vlans between the sites. We have encountered multiple bugs...