Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a 3750G switch in my production network that only has VLAN 1 on it. All ports are in a default state and VLAN 1 is disabled. The switch is passing traffic but shouldn't having the default VLAN shut down cause the ports not to pass traffic? If ...

Hi EveryoneWe are running OSPF with 4 point to point parallel links between two routers to carrying MPLS traffic.The said 4 parallel links have equal cost to load balance traffic, however the actual traffic between the 4 links are unequal.The first l...

Hello, regarding the output of this 'show ip ospf neighbor detail' command which has been run from the router 172.16.51.3 (I have attached an image of the link etc).I am confused by the neighbor IP address and the interface address. I presume the nei...

fran19422 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am having this strange issue.The scenario is like thisHave 2 routers connected to two different ISP's and have different subnets.When iam trying to give one of the WAN ip address of range of suppose router B to my pc it is giving ip address con...

Hello to you.I have PC connected to back of router. I have internet connected to front of router. I can browse the internet from PC but I don't understand why.I have very restrictive inbound access list on the router interface connected to the intern...

Hi All,We have some 3560G switches and 2950 switches. There is one 3560G used as a distribution switch connecting to other 3560G switches or 2950 switches. We configured 1000/full between 3560G connections and configured 100/full between 3560G and 29...

Hi I had a strange issue with one of my customer..Cisco  WS-C3750X-48P Access switch was not reachable and after reload it started working.I would like to know the root cause of the issue. There were no logs and no errors in interfaces.Even Cpu utili...

Hi All,We have a WS-C3750G-24PS switch running 12.2(50)SE , C3750-IPBASEK9-M in production & stand alone and we want to ask a newCisco WS-C3750-24P running 12.2(55)SE3 , C3750-IPBASEK9-M into the stack with the 1st one.Just want to...

q-le by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Concern,There is a Cisco 4507 core switch and many networks are connected here. Recently a prolink BL680c server which has WS-CBS3020 in back panel is connected to core switch with multiple physical connections ( 10 connections between co...

skmdimran by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need a little help figuring out the best way to inject a static route into the OSPF Domain. (Area 0) for access to InternetInternet Router is not part of OSPF Area 0 (no ospf process running currently) Internet Router - Interface Fa0/0 is connected...

Jay Stants by Level 1
  • 22 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, referring to the attached routing table.The circled route for 172.16.50.0 has two 'via' routes (172.16.51.1 and 172.16.52.2)Do I interpret this to mean that both of these 'via' routes have the same 'cost metric' to the destination and either o...

fran19422 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello - I have a Cisco 881 version with IOS 15.1. it appears to only have 1 WAN port (fe4) and 4 layer 2 port 0-3. Is there a way that I can configure one of the layer 2 ports as a WAN ports for load balancing and redundancy as we have 2 ISP comin...

Greg Moss by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes