Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I\ve got stuck in problem with cisco 3750x switches..I have 2 3750x switches, with fiber module GLC-GE-100FX in C3KX-NM-1G.both have tha same, and both are totally new.now i have to connect these two via fiber optic cable...but HOW???i cant assign ip...

I have a problem, please describeI have device which sends TV to network, it has ethernet port and multicast ip 239.1.1.1I connect this device to 2940 cisco catalyst, to port in separate vlan 666this switch conect through trunk to 3560 catalyst. From...

Hi,I have a 3750 switch which has the command 'spanning-tree vlan **'.  I am struggling to remove this command, as this particular VLAN is one I want to distribute across our network.I have so far, set the switch to VTP Transparent mode and removed t...

Sorry to bother again. I am setting up a lab and am having troble getting nat to work. The startup config files are below. When pinging 10.0.0.254 from router R6 I get the following debug information on nat router.*Mar  1 18:58:04.851: NAT: translati...

Let's consider this situation:- 6500 handling LAN <-> LAN traffic- FSWM handling LAN <-> WAN trafficFWSM has outside interface IP address 1.2.3.4 (mask 255.255.255.0)There is a server with IP address 1.2.3.100 (mask is same 255.255.255.0)There are an...

Just purchased a SG300-52 and am trying to upgrade the firmware to 1.1.2 but cannot get the Upgrade/Backup Firmware Language page to load in the web browser interface.  I have tried IE 8 and 9, Firefox 3.16 and 10.02, and Chrome from Windows 7 and XP...

Hey all, I know that the 3750's don't support NetFlow but I thought there was a way to SPAN a port to a router interface and use that to export the flow traffic to our flow collector.  I've been searching for documentation to help me step through thi...

I have 4 4506 switches from my core. Two at one location, two at another. They are uplinked to each other via single-mode fiber. I can't think of the model of gbic's we are using. Anyway, each switch has redundant connections to the other core. So lo...

I have a strange issue where a node on a specific vlan will get an ip address from the DHCP but not be pingable after that. However other nodes on the same vlan are pingable. The only difference is that route the nodes take back to the core are on di...

Cyprusice by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Perimeter DMZ VLAN that I'm trying to extend to a VM enclosure. The path is:Perim Sw------->FW---------->Core SW------->Agg SW------------>EnclosureSW---->VMCat3350               PIX         Cat6509          Cat6509              Cat4948ON th...

rkallas by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,The problem I am facing is that I need to create a stack (proper stack, not a cluster) consisting of two switches which are located remotely. I need to put them in the stack and the only medium I have to utilize between them two is a fiber optic. ...

Hi there. I have a silly question: Does the 4500 support VSS (Virtual Switching System) ? On the official product overview page it says: 1.6 Terabits capacity with Virtual Switching System (hardware-ready)What means Hardware ready ? Does it mean that...