Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

DTP is only the negociation of trunking, or also the negociation of access?In Routing-Bits Handbook for CCIE I found that:#switchport mode accesswill not disable the DTP negociation. Only the nonegociate command will disable the DTP.Is this true? Thi...

Hi everyone !i am trying to connect a 3750 stack to a BNT/Nortel L2-3 GbESM switch for IBM BladeCenter (I use two links with etherchannel mode "on" on the 3750 stack).The switches act as if there was a L2 loop. Could that loop come from the etherchan...

clem67301 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The subject doesn't explain the whole situation,I am bridging three locations in my building using pairs of 1GB ports on C4948 switches. In this case, I have two 'all vlan' trunks on port 1 and 2 from Switch A to Switch B.Switch A is already configur...

SchinkelA by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm trying to turn up trunk ports to an ESX4.1 server, and must be missing something, because I can only ping from ESX setup menu when I have the switchports setup as an access-port.config is as follows when configured for trunking and it's not ...

w951duu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,  Thanks in advance for any help.  Here's my issue. I'm using the archive cmd in IOS 12.2(25)SEE1 on a Catalyst 3560G-24PS to backup my configs to a tftp server (solarwinds). It's set to automatically upload on a 'wr mem' cmd. It works fine on...

How to I upgrade the bootstrap of my 2621xm so that I can upgrade it to latest IOS and for the 256mb ram to be used instead of 128mb?Router#show version Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-JS-M), Version 12.2(1...

Hello,I just had a probably easy question(s) on vlan basics. first lets say i made 3 vlans on a 2950 switch, Vlan 1 = 10.0.1.xVlan 2 = 10.0.2.xVlan 3 = 10.0.3.xI would like Vlan1 and Vlan 2 to talk to each other, but vlan 3 to be seperate from the vl...

Hi,we have a core switch with all vlans 172.22.1.1 vlan 1172.22.2.1 vlan 2172.22.3.1 vlan 3172.22.4.1 vlan 4vtp is enabled and all switches have same vlans and correspoind default gateway set         2960(172.22.3.2)   <--------------------Core Switc...

Having trouble with a 1700 routing in production. In the initial test bed I had a Desktop set at 192.9.100.250  connected to port4 of the layer 2 switch on the 1700. The Vlan1 of the switch is set at 192.9.100.194. The FastEthernet0 port of the route...

Is it possible to setup some sort of QoS that will allow me to limit bandwidth to one host for all hosts except one?  I'd like to allow one server to talk to another at full 1Gb speed, but limit all other traffic to the server to 10Mb.  This is a per...

hey all, so this may be a bit hard to explain but i will try, so we have two sites one site is the master for vrrp and the other is the slave, recently we had an issue were all the external traffic on the slave side was being black holed ( master sid...