Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear friends!I am trying to impliment Time based policing but unable to achieve it.My requirement is to limit traffic to customer port at different speed during DAY Time and at different speed during Night.I am using following configuration, but the ...

asad747 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just recently purchased a working Cisco 3548XL switch from ebay. At the time I didn't have the console cable so it stayed dormant for a few days.The other day I tried to power it up but heres what happened. Upon trying to power up, all port LEDs an...

hi alli want to know to know the difference between 1000BT and dual purpose uplinks ?i have WS-C2960-48TT-L   ( says 2*1000BT uplinks )  can i use a fiber optic uplink to connect this sw to core ?or is their any adaptor to conver FO to RJ 45 ?THANKS

Hello,Can someone brief me out the differene between layer 3 routing and layer 3 switching.I got this doubt when i am reading CEF.As per my understanding,Layer 3 routing is what the router does----->Learning the routes via routing protocol and forwar...

sathyasav by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Just a quick question... looking to carry on designing a new network and have come up with a few questions! I have identified a number of VLANs which I would like but am confused as to their implementation...For example I would like a network mana...

Hi:What would be the best VSL design in a setup where I have  2 Sups in each chassis and 2 6708 in each chassis as well.Based on what I have read so far, if the active sup fails the whole chassi wil be reinitialized, meaning that Standby VSS will tak...

If I remove from service one of the real servers from the farm for maintenance, (no inservice), will it drop all connections to that real right away or will it let them gracefully close as the users close their sessions to that server?Thanks!

Suppose I enter these commands:Switch(config)#int fa1/1Switch(config-if)#speed 100Switch(config-if)#duplex autoIt is not clear if with this configuration the interface can do autonegotiation.And if the interface can do autonegotiation, it is not clea...

I am somewhat new to networking and would like to ask my network admin  to add about 30 vlans to a switch interface for convenience purposes.   Normally we get a few interfaces ether-channeled together and get three  or 4 vlans put on these interface...

Hello. I am wondering if someone can point me in the right direction here. I am attempting to configure a VLAN for a guest wireless network at a clients site.The AP will be a procurve 420 that has a guest SSID and a VLAN set up on it (Vlan240) it is ...

J W by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card