Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I'm trying to configura simple VLAN in packet Tracer, In my company we have a rooter 2811 and a switch 2960 Catalyst 48TT.In the packet tracer I use 2811 and 2960 24 TT and 2 PC's, I try to configure 2 vlan's vlan 10 use the port 5 in wtich is...

Guys,I have an HSRP setup on two 3560 L2 switches (thanks to your guys help).I am trying to figure out the best way to get the back to the firewall on the standby router.My guess is to make a 2nd interface on my sonicwall firewall ( i know trying to ...

afionda by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 3750 switch and connected to my all edge switches through fibre cable.  I want to know that the link between 3750 and edge switch 2960 is gigabit link, how i can check that gigabit link is ok.i was check some cisco command its shows speed=aut...

Hi,I am trying to understand the QOS toolsets and applying them in different scenarios.Scenario 1:  There are multiple inputs into a switch for eg: 8 x 100Mb ports and only 1 x 1Gb uplink port out of that switch1. Is there be any benefit in using QOS...

nedk12345 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was curious on the benefits of a large-chassis switch like the 4500-E vs a stack of smaller switches like the 3750Xs. I need to upgrade my access-layer switches and am debating replacing the existing 4506 (216 10/100 ports PoE) with a stack of 3750...

rtjensen4 by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have tried to recreate the setup in a lab but no joy.The speed and duplex are the same on all connected devices (10mb full duplex) and the throughput is only about 5mb/sec.  They are running IOS v15.0Has anyone seem this problem before.  If the fix...

Question regarding the stack cables.I read that when you stack 2 or more switches Cisco recommends cabling switch-1 port-1 to switch-2 port-2 and switch-1 port-2 to switch-2 port-1. When these were installed in our datacenter, we only had one cable a...

Hello All,I want to configure SPAN  on 6500 series for SNORT IDS, it has multiple Vlan and all Vlan are of layer 2,  Can you please guide me how can I achieve this?Thanks in anticipationJagdev

Someone can help me with the best solution for switching access? I need 24 or 48-port 1Gbps and 100Mbps over 130 ports with PoE. If posivel connect the switch's with stack. I thought a solution with Cisco Catalyst 2960S-48LPS-L for PoE and Cisco Cata...

Dear All,i have a 4507R on which i have Cisco IOS Software (cat4000-I9S-M), Version 12.2(25)EWA11, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1).The supervisory is Catalyst 4507R Redundant Sup II-Plus,(2GE),Console(RJ-45) (WS-X4013+).Now i plan to add a module/linecard WS-...

Hi,I'm setting up a home lab for practice toward my CCNA exam. I have available to me most modern Cisco kit, please can someone advise what would be the best set up to have, i'm currently thinking of going with the following:2 x Cisco18411 x Cisco281...

Hi!  We received this question on our Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/CiscoSupportCommunityWhat are the advantages of Cisco Nexus 7000 vs.  Catalyst 6506 for core network switching? I'm debating Nexus vs.  Catalyst for core, distribution, acce...

cscsocial by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes