Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am looking at storm control on a Cat4500 and I have just read something in the configuration guide that has spooked me:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12.2/25ewa/configuration/guide/bcastsup.html#wp1026636When stor...

I configured a couple of routers in my lab on an ethernet broadcast segment.  I didn't blow away one router config and it still had an interface configured for 192.168.1.1.  I added a network between the two routers (R1 and R5) of 15.1.1.0 /24 and pl...

4Mbps Bandwidth of Internet is provided to my company by the ISP. When I check the speed of the internet at the inside interface of the Juniper firewall I get around 3.4 Mbps. The Juniper is connected to two Catalyst 4507 Core switches, which is then...

jennyjohn by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have a 3560 connected via trunk to a 2950 (Both 10/100 ports), and we are seeing large amounts of output drops on the 3560 port - Ports were set to 100/FULL, now auto/auto(Negotiating to 100/FULL).3560:interface FastEthernet0/1 description Trun...

My customer has a CA DSM performing Wake-n-LAN across some Cat6500s configured with L3. WoL doesn't work to remote device after they've been down for more than 4 hours. I've configured the network as prescribed in the below document to meet the IP di...

mmertens by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, Is it possible to redirect wired guests to a splash disclaimer page before they are granted access to the network?  I am trying to achieve the same situation I have with our guest wireless clients.  Using a Cisco 4402 I have our guests redirec...

Hi,I'm working on a client site and for some reason when I try and download a 100MB file from the ftp.hp.com website the download times out right at 20%.Building configuration...Current configuration : 18153 bytes!version 12.4service timestamps debug...

Hi there,  I have a stackwise pair of the 3750's running IP Services, one master and one member.  The stack is running OSPF and I have one OSPF L3 P2P on one switch and the same on the other, both equal cost.  If I fail the stack master by powering i...

wrgoulden by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey all,This is kind of a split-horizon/poison-reverse question, but here we go.In a very simple network, lets say we have the following:  A/   \B   CLet's say A learns the default route 0.0.0.0/0 from both B and C, and they both have the same exact ...

Hi ppl,When i enable MVR on a cisco 3750 switch i seem to loose all SAP announcements.EG with mvr:mvr vlan 501mvr mode dynamic!switchport access vlan 4 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk native vlan 501 switchport mode access switc...

danburns by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Guys,Certainly there has to be a GUI to setup/configure and manage the Cisco 6500 series routers...Im looking but cannot find anything. I'd rather not have to manage this new device via the CLI...Bottom line...I have the Cisco Network Assitant and re...

djbowling by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Am I correct in thinking that all load-balancing and forwarding decisions are made in hardware and that there will not be any performance hit on the switch when enabling this?ThanksTrev

trevjones by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes