Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have 3750 switch router which is configured with IP address and other stuff.The thing is that when i type sh runing config , i do not see the ports and other commands that i configured.however when i go to the interface the configuration is ther...

when i try to enter more than one interfacelike the below I get 'invalid number of interfaces specified'mac-address-table static  0000.0000.0000 vlan 10 interface eth1/17 eth1/21 eth1/25

newbie by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,I want to limit traffic on output of my 3750 to the upper limit of my dsl connexion  ( 700 Kbps)for making my own qos and not by the provider box,but it appear that it is not possible to make this :Policy Map police_case    Class class-default    ...

fd_case17 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I manage a network of Catalyst 3750, 3750E & 6500 series switches and various types of routers.  What should I be doing to maintain these network devices in good condition. I monitor the network for faults.  I update the IOS periodically.  I d...

blamb by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I was asked, why one hop doesn't show in the traceroute from Server1. Hop #2 supposed to show 192.168.2.1. Can share with me the explanation?Server1C:\>tracert -d 192.168.6.1Tracing route to 192.168.6.1 over a maximum of 30 hops1     3 ms     1 ms...

Danilo Dy by VIP Alumni
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How is this possible? Multiple Switches claiming to be spanning tree root.The network has 2 cores. Both 6513. 1 is catos 1 is IOS. Spanning tree seems to be messed up with multiple switches claiming to be root for most of the VLANS here. STP is confi...

mikegrous by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi alli have 3750 switch and it is giving message on syslog server it is sending these type of message continusely how can i i can get controle on these type of message%SW_DAI-4-SPECIAL_LOG_ENTRY: 2 Invalid ARP packets%SW_DAI-4-SPECIAL_LOG_ENTRY: 1 I...

Hi folks,I noticed that applications of all of sudden stopped working.Then I connected via console cable and noticed that switch "lost" config.If I do a "dir" I see the following below.Switch#dirDirectory of flash:/    2  -rwx         269  Jan 01 197...

news2010a by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 6509E running IOS 12.2(33) SXI3The IOS still allows me to run the following command for creating and Delete VLANSRouter# vlan databaseand after creating VLANs, it should also create VLAN.dat file under sup-bootflash:  I have looked eac...

abbas.ali by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,has anyone ever had an issue where adding a vlan to a core 6509 (VTP server) has caused OSPF adjacencies to flap, the vlan created does not have any host associated to it, it was just created,on the core switch and this appears to have caused a...

Gataway24 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I need your help, i have switch cisco WS-C3508G-XL-EN, and i can'texceed 700MB/s on my uplink, i would like to know if it's normaly on this switch total of traffic on this switch on all ports is 1.4GBcan you help mee please?regardsArnaud

Hi,What is the best recommandation cabling when we have Two power supply 6000W AC in a cat6509-E chassis with a VS-720-10G-3C and 8 modules WS-X6748-GE-TX.Solution 1 ou Solution 2 ??? details in the Visio file join to this discussionBecause when we u...

croue by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes