Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hey,This all refers to PVST+.Does the vlan-ID actually get sent in the BPDU?Let's say two switches connect and are configured as access ports, but the vlans differ (so A (accessport 20) connects to B (accessport 30)). How will the BPDU's behave in th...

Hello,I was trying to understand a simple scenario regarding bandwidth usage. Assuming there is an ethernet link of 40Mbps capacity between two locations.there is a huge file transfer of around 400MB from one to another point.The usage of the link af...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I want to shape traffic outgoing a 3560E switchport. The port speed is 100Mb full duplex but the bandwith we can use on the connected wan link is only 30 Mb/s.I already checked the configuration guide and found the shaped round robin (srr) command...

Resolved! Default Gateway

HiQ1Can anybody please explain me what is the use of  ip dafault gateway on an L2 switchI believe it is used when switch recieves an packet and its does where to forward the packet is this correct?Q2. How does it work when a L 2 switch recieves an IP...

hi,     Does anyone has an actual config for performing eFsu for a VSS system?     I already have a document i just want to verify.     Thanks.

Can anyone explain the difference between sup-bootflash and bootflash? When I run dir on both of those I get the same amount of available space, 65536000 bytes but I have different files in both locations.  So they look to be different... ??Thanks,To...

packetzen by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

basic question here...I have a Nexus 5010 with a bunch of 2148 hanging off it which apparently doesn't support local switching. I will have a Layer 3 Collapse Core/Distribution and the Nexus will be my Layer 2 access for serverfarm. If I created 2 Se...

aamercado by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi:I have 3 routers...R1--------R2-------R3R1 runs OSPFR2 runs OSPF and EIGRPR3 runs EIGRPR2 performs mutual redis....O into E and E into OQuestion...Will the E routes redistributed into O by R2 and adveretised to R1 be redistributed back into E by R...

lamav by Level 8
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello:I'm trying to stack some older 3524 XL's and although I get the green light on the modules and sh int says they are up, they are not being seen as stacked. I checked the min software requiremetns and it says 12.1. If I look on Cisco, I can't fi...

dj214 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

GreetingCould anyone advice me which protocal and port number used when router use eigrp with unicast commnunication, using neighbour command. Any comments will be appricatedThanks in advance

julxu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes