Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Guys,I have to reboot a 6509e core switch this evening, no upgrade at all just a reboot.  My question is, is it better to do a shutdown or a simple reboot.  Does either one hold more benefit over the other?Thanks,Justin

We had a 6509 hybrid switch reboot recently and we ran in  to problems restoring the config. We eventually restored the config but the issue of boot variables and switch.cfg files , etc. is still ringing in our heads. .We were told that the switch cr...

vwolgel12 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,  I have a 4507 and just installed a 24-port 10/100 line card which is suppose to be compatible with the switch. But when I do Sh Conf, I do not see the ports.With Sh Inventory, I do notice the switch detecting the line card just fine. I already h...

Greetings,I'm running a pair of 6509s with a single SUP2/PFC2/MSFC2 each, IOS (tm) c6sup2_rp Software (c6sup2_rp-JK2SV-M), Version 12.1(27b)E4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3).I'm running BGP to two external ISPs and to each other, and OSPF for the loopback a...

kfulton by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I need to allocate multiple virtual IP addresses (different subnets) to a host on the network.  How do I configure the 6513 switch to allow traffic over the single vlan to any of the IP addresses on the host?example:Host: 192.168.1.10 / 24Host (virtu...

I have a  endor is telling me I can vlan tag based on IP address.. ie, if 1.1.1.1/24 hits an accessport, tag it with VLAN1, if 1.2.2.2/24 hits the same access port, tag it with VLAN2.. but since VLANs are at Layer 2, I don't see how this is possible....

Hi,I have a fairly simple CUCM install that I want to implement auto qos on (see above). What we have is as follows:I have two 3825 ISRs with T1 PRIs located on opposite ends of our campus. One 3825 at location A is directly connected to a 4510 core ...

Resolved! SUP720 on 6509

Hi,     i would like to know when there is already a primary and secondary 720SUP in a 6509 , is there any requirement to configure SUP so as to when primary SUP goes down secondary SUP takes over? i thought its automatic....regardsNeo

cisco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've read about version of this scenario, but have been unable to achieve the desired results from previous examples. I have a 2811 with an on-board interface on my LAN (L3), and an HWIC-4ESW interface (L2) connecting to a metro Ethernet WAN.  Out ac...

kclark by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

two Data Center and one office all interconnected with dual links (internally) and one ISP at the Data Centers only. Office's ISP access goes through DC1's ISP. What'd you recommend as far as OSPF design? Should I have a single area zero ? We do not...

jchan by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 6500 Question

Hi,I'm looking around at various line modules for the 6500 series with Sup 720...I was reading that the WS-X6748-GE-TX w/ WS-F6700-DFC3 could access 720gb of backplane... does that mean all 48 ports could run at full GB speeds? I don't seem to see an...

rtjensen4 by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes