Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

basic question here...I have a Nexus 5010 with a bunch of 2148 hanging off it which apparently doesn't support local switching. I will have a Layer 3 Collapse Core/Distribution and the Nexus will be my Layer 2 access for serverfarm. If I created 2 Se...

aamercado by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi:I have 3 routers...R1--------R2-------R3R1 runs OSPFR2 runs OSPF and EIGRPR3 runs EIGRPR2 performs mutual redis....O into E and E into OQuestion...Will the E routes redistributed into O by R2 and adveretised to R1 be redistributed back into E by R...

lamav by Level 8
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello:I'm trying to stack some older 3524 XL's and although I get the green light on the modules and sh int says they are up, they are not being seen as stacked. I checked the min software requiremetns and it says 12.1. If I look on Cisco, I can't fi...

dj214 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

GreetingCould anyone advice me which protocal and port number used when router use eigrp with unicast commnunication, using neighbour command. Any comments will be appricatedThanks in advance

julxu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just bought a 2900 series catalyst switch on ebay, and the geniuses that sold it to me left a username and password on it.I've already tried multiple methods of recovering the password, including the method Cisco has published.When I boot in rommon...

Hello, I'm going to be adding a couple of 3560 switches to my production network. I want to implement STP and was wondering if someone could look at the attached drawing I created and tell me if it's feasible.Trying to gain a better understanding of ...

Hi all.  I have a problem that I have not seen before that I need some input on. I have a company that has about 50 cisco switches, on multiple floors.  They occasionally will call me and say that one floor in particular has goin down, meaning that i...

jjoseph01 by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We're checking a 3750 switch for issues and we ran the command "show ip traffic".  Under the IP statistics, it shows alerts.  Does anyone know how to examine these alerts and see what they are?  See the output below:FOR_GA293_3750SFPstk_Gr1#show ip t...

Have a question concerning concurrent ssh connections.I've setup ssh access into a Cat 6513.line vty 0 - 15 have the transport input/output set to telnet sshhowever, when i launch an ssh connection to an interface on the 6513, any subsequent connecti...