Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I tested in the lab the aggressive UDLD on copper interfaces on Catalyst 3560 . To test unidirectional link on copper interfaces I didn't connect them directly, as suggested in this forum .I implemented instead a daisy-chain through two differ...

I'm looking for a switch with the following characteristics:- 40+ copper gig ports- 2+ X2 ports- Dual power suppliesI've looked at the 2350, which has everything I need except the dual power supplies. I do not need layer 3.Any suggestions?

we swapped out all of our modules in our 4507 with PoE modules and now our snmp monitor doesn't detect any of the ports. we are using solarwinds ip monitor. anyone ever run into this issue? i removed the switch and added it back into ip monitor.

WOuld need advise on the attached logs from a connection , obtained by tcpdump on a firewall. 46.56.76.34 is the global ip of ours which is been NAT on the device. the private ip for this hosts a website, which is inaccessible.202.94.66.21 is the int...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

in case of 48port modules, there are groups of 8 ports that share common bw toward backplane of switch. In case of 4506 it is 1G limit. Does this limit apply in case of traffic between ports in same group?

dragec by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 4510R-E with a Sup engine 6E, running cat4500e-entservicesk9-mz-122-53.SG, and can't seem to get the NAT configured. Every time time I type in ip nat inside on an interface, or try and set up the nat pool, it comes back with an unrecognized...

Hi all, I would like to get some advise on the proper way to configure stp given the next scenario. Two core switches interconnecting via ether channel and each core switch connected to 6 other floor switches. Each floor switch is connected to each ...

Router that will connect switches in two different buildings. I have a problem with the VTP configuration revision number. How I can make this number to change it?

Hello,Does anyone know if there is a stand-alone way on a Cisco router to prompt a user for a password when trying to get Internet access? There would be no other authentication method or devices other than having to enter a password. If thre was a...

Hinot done subnetting for a while, as a quick reminder, say I have 10.1.0.0/20I know this means I have 10.1.0.0 to 10.1.15.0 networks, all the possible subnets are 4096, what would be thre start and end addresses of these subnets ? as I cannot find 4...

Can I configure 2 IP addresses from the same subnet on two dirrefent interfaces on same box.When I do that I get overlaps with Fa0/0 error.I need to assign one IP to cisco 1841 ( connecting to router) , 2nd IP to 1841's fa0/0 and 3rd IP to sonicwall....

s.nasheet by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I configured two 6509s per the configuration guide and they work as expected until I reload the switch. Upon reload both switches come up as active/active instead of active/standby. At the moment I only have the sup blades installed. Also the p...

Hi,I have a question about DHCP snooping. I want to enable this feature on two 6509 Catalyst switches that are doing Layer 3 Etherchannel towards the DHCP server and relaying DHCP requests by using the ip helper-address command. Here's the topology: ...

saiiven07 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,The printed label with MAC-address does not compare with MAC-address used at DHCP call. With 2950 does it always compare. Why is it so?Regards Mats

mruuth by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes