Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I had posted this issue before, then a Tomcat issue obliterated my post. So I'm back, this time with a diagram that I hope helps. This really has me stumped, and my VAR has not been able to fix this either.I am in Building A. I have a PC that is c...

Hi experts, I have four routers: one is 1811 and three 871. I want to configure dynamic routing between them and I choosed OSPF to do that. Because of that routers doesn't have layer 3 FE interfaces but only 8 or 4 port switch interfaces, i am not su...

Dear friends,Just wanted a confirmation on the working of PBR1. set ip default next-hop with multiple ip addressesIf the interface connected to the ip address (mentioned in the set ip default next-hop command) is down, will it automatically stop forw...

Hi all, i am talking about just pim dense mode. I have 1 router with source and receiver directly connected. I know i have to enable multicast routing and pim dense mode on receiver attached interface. But if i dont enable pim dense mode on source at...

I am sighing in desparation about my upcoming BSCI exam...anyhow:On my 2501's that have IOS 12.3(24) installed, I'm trying to get OSPFv3 running. At the (config)# prompt I type "ipv6 router ospf 100" but I just get another (config)# prompt, rather t...

Hi there, Can anyone help me with CEF load balance. I have 2 ADSL connections on the router 2811 and I am trying to load balance over these 2 links. Please see the attachment for my current configuration. The problem is I tried to browse the internet...

TTL

Hi NetproWhen I ping a PC I get TTL=54when I ping a Router I get TTL=249when I ping a HP server I get TTL=110why TTL changes

Hi Everybody!!!I have noticed that I can log in using almost every configured IP address on the device (here Catalyst 6500).I'm wondreing why? I'm not talking about source address, but the destination one.I have many vlan interfaces configured on the...