Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi every body.My book says when we use ping, we could receive five poossible responses identified by code in the output. For example:! echo reply received. nothing was received, ping timed outU Icmp unreachable( destination )N icmp unreahable( netwo...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Experts, As read in book that pagp has two modes desirable & auto .We can use these with silent & no-silent.As per book reference , If we use silent means ports are not waiting for pagp hello from other end & channel become up. I did thi...

Hi,We saw continuous output drops on a few of our Gigabit interfaces, and can't figure out what are those output drops are and why it is happening. Anyone knows what is the reason of it and is there any way to stop the drop? Those interfaces are al...

benny by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Which ACL makes more sense or is more appropriate to apply inbound on an internet-facing interface?I think the first one makes a lot more sense. I have no idea what in the world the first few statements of the 2nd ACL are supposed to prevent? ip acce...

visitor68 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, Could any one tell is the diameter for stp and for rapid-pvst is same to calculate the forward delay and max-age time. eg a---->b---->c---->d for STP diameter 4 and for rapid-pvst also 4 Chao Vishwa

vishwancc by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi!I'm new to working with Cisco ACE modules and have a question... Does anyone know if the ACE is capable of load balancing by MAC address (the clients are on the VLANs behind the ACE, no router between the clients/ACE)? I'd like to use it in a brid...

brobinson by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body!I have few questions:1) Let say we have routers r1---------------r2r1 is running rip v2 while r2 is running version 1.If i use the command " debug ip rip on r1, will i be able to view rip v1 updates on r1 ?2)I understand that if i con...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! nat

Hi every body.i have few questions about nat.static nat: please consider the following case:h1(10.10.10.1)----f0(Route)So----internetRouter:int fo10.10.10.2/24ip nat insideInt soip address 200.200.200.1/24ip nat outside.ip nat inside source static 10...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,Am I correct in assuming that cost and port priority do the same thing? Cost seems to be local to the switch and port priority is set by the upstream switch. Is that the case?Thanks,John

Regardless of selected Load-Balancing method, if one traffic flow (e.g. src-dst-ip flow) bandwidth exceeds bandwidth of one link in bundle, will it cause packet drops ? In this case(if drops): is it possible to distribute residual load with other lin...