Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Can an HP layer 3 switch vlan communicate with Cisco 6509 VLANS?If so, is there a special configuration on the hp switch to configure so it works?On the cisco 6509 I'm using the commandswitchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

par13 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,We have 3x Cisco 4500R switches with various VLANs for:1. Cisco IP Phones (We run CallManager) (192.168.4.0/23 & 192.168.6.0/24) - VLAN 45 & VLAN 6 2. Servers (192.168.1.0/24) (VLAN 10)3. PCs & Printers (192.168.2.0/23) (VLAN 23)4. Network Dev...

Is it possible to use RSPAN across an intermediate 3500XL switch?Say, for example, I have an RSPAN source on a 3560 which is connected to a 3508G XL, which in turn is connected to a 6500 that has an RSPAN destination configured. Will this work? Will ...

jedavis by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I'm getting configure several cisco 3550s. So far every new switch configuration works fine. However, when I go to 24 port switches and upload this configuration "the switches are able to ping each other". But, "the computer can not ping each othe...

par13 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! IOS for 3560E

hi experts,what IOS for C3560E has multicast feature. i'm particularly looking at enabling ip multicast-routing and ip pim sparse-dense-mode.

Hi, I need to know on IOS upgrade licensing. I have five Cisco 2811 routers and we have provided the maintenance contract to one of a vendor. They support hardware and IOS. However in the contract it was mentioned if we want to upgrade the IOS it is ...

Hi,Are there any significant differences between E and non-E switch products regarding multicast handling ? More specifically, i am interested in hardware-based dropping of non-RPF traffic for example ? Or does only the C6500 provide this ?

gnijs by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I keep getting late collisions in syslog. %GT96K_FE-5-LATECOLL: Late Collision on int FastEthernet0/0I know exactly why the late collisions are happening, and do not wish to log it. How can I configure the router to still log everything else, but ...

tachyon05 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a stack of 3 3750 which are provisioned switch 1 provision ws-c3750g-48tsswitch 2 provision ws-c3750g-48tsswitch 3 provision ws-c3750g-12sMy question is that if we reboot these switches will they retain their member numbers or will they re ca...

Hi,I need to understand, if I have Two GRE Tunnels with SAME OSPF COST, which route will be preferred. Destination can be reached from both TunnelsHow does it work in the background, can someone explain.

I have several 2950 switches connected in a chain. On the first one I have a dhcp server and everything is in 1 vlan.on port 24 I have an uplink to switch 2. On switch 2 i have an uplink to 3. All ports are confiugred the same.My problem is any pc pl...

I'm trying to configure two vlans that will contain two separate subnets. I don't want the subnet to see each other.Does the configuration below will do the job?Any comments...Thanksint range f0/1 - 12 description Administrative switchport access v...

par13 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Sir, i have two cisco 3570 G switches of layer 3.i have made 4 VLANs in both switches, two on each switch.VLANs in same switch are pinging to each other, but can not ping to other VLAN in another switch from one switch.i thing there is ...

siddindia by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card