Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all I have a WS-X6704-10GE line card in addition to VS-S720-10G sup engine.please anybody tell me how to addthis line card module or a port of this module to VSL bundle.Also is it neccessary to use the two 10G port in the Sup engine to be part of ...

anva12345 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllI have 7 x 2960G switches and 2 x 3750e switches. The switches must be connected into a ring for redundancy purposes. The diagram is as follows:1-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-1|_______________|1 = 3750E2 = 2960GThe 2960G switches will belong to the same vlan....

Ronyn____ by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,When we apply VACL to a VLAN by vlan filter trial vlan-list 10 command,and lets assume fa1/10 to fa1/15 are members of VLAN - 10. There is an accss-list defined in access-class. Does this access list logically gets applied to all member ports of...

I have a two node 3750 stack as my collapsed core of my network. I have been looking at my CEF statistics and am now scratching my head as it seems CEF isn't functioning properly. Take a look at the attached text file to see what I mean. All of the s...

gesadmin1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am facing very strange problem i configured Vlans on the core switch and its connect to edge switches by trunk int with one VTP domain i noticed that when i put the gateway of any subnet other than my

siemenseg by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Error explanation

Hi Netpros,A question related to the Dynamips.I erased the startupconfig and enter the reload command on a preconfigured router and then start getting the errors:-%ALIGN-1-FATAL: Corrupted program counter 00:01:45 UTC Fri Mar 1 2002 pc=0xBFC011A0 , r...

Hi,I have 3 VLAN's on my 2950. Can I have DHCP scopes for each VLAN, so if I plug a PC into 1 of the 3 VLAN's it gets the correct DHCP scope?I assume the VLAN IP I assign to each VLAN will decide this?

whiteford by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allI am a little confused with the difference in the switching methods. can anyone explain very simply the below, I am confused mainly with the fast switching vs cef, but please explain all.1.Normal switching method2.fast switching3.cefis there mu...

Can someone please explain to me how you go about using the VMPS. I read it's a server, a database, and it seems maybe something else as well. Where is it stored (switch, server, etc?) and how do you go about accessing it. Thanks,J.D.

Hi Guy'sI have a little confusion about the working procedure of route-maps.I understand that they can be used in many situations but what i am confused about is how they work.for eg.if i am using a route-map for route redistributionthe procedure is ...

Hi,I'm trying to configure Policing on 2960G.When I use the following value for 8Mbits/s, it's seems that the policing dosn't work fine (result 140 kbits/s):police 8000000 8000 exceed-action dropI read that for a switch the burst value has to be equa...

Hello Guys,we r welling to establish a network lab in our university, but i would like to know weather the products we r about to order are the latest modules.. These r the products:1- 2800 IOS advanced IP services (CD28N-AISk9)2- 2800 IOS enterprise...

HiAt a remote site on stub-no-summary Area 11 and I have 2 diff WAN-MPLS providers with an ethernet handoff. I have intermittent connectivity which doesn't occur to often but when it does, it last anywhere from minutes to less than 30 min. Logs show ...

aamercado by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes