Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

In trying to resolve an issue for a customer their architecture at the access layer includes a Cisco Router 2801 for VPN termination and Cat 3650 for LAN accesss. I discovered that the there was another connection to a Cisco 1745 for VPN redundancy....

I have scenario where I have a corporate(HUB) site with multiple remotes(spokes). One remote in particular has it's own internet connection via another carrier and I want to use IP SLAs with policy-based routing to force this site to choose the local...

e.swinney by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,We'd like to use a Catalyst 6500 as NTP server for all devices in the network.On the 6500, we added the following commands :ntp trusted-key 10ntp authenticatentp authentication-key 10 md5 xxxntp masterOn the client :ntp server <IP_loopback_650...

harinirina by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi you alljust to confirmI have 2 catalyst 6500 conected using a isl trunk in both I have:interface GigabitEthernet2/1 switchport switchport trunk encapsulation isl switchport mode trunk no cdp enable In this config I do not need to declare my vlans...

Hi,I seem to be stuggling with the ip subnet-zero. It came up in an exam when it said pc1 needs to contact pc2 (with a few routers in between) and asked how many zero subnets did it pass through to get to pc2, I got it wrong and a few more questions...

whiteford by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

gusy whats the difference between the following commandspanning-tree bpdu guard enablespanning-tree bpdu guard defaultthanks and have a good new year

Hi,Can I configure Wireshark to capture ip header only, not the whole packet. Also, can I sample the capture in such way that only 1 out 10 packets will be captured. We are trying to use Wireshark to do the same job as netflow. Thanks,

yuhuiyao by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 2811 router that I am trying to run a test on for a project. I have been given a NM-HDV2-2T1/E1. Can I set up frame relay on this and if so how would I do it? Here is a sample of the commands I would like to use...On physical interface mt...

dhopper82 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! c2600 Platform

I bought a 2600 router and the int fa0/0 does not work. I get connect link light when plugged into another port but it isn't seen from cdp on the switch. As I investigated into the problem on the show version it says the platform is a 2600. Is the...

I have a 3524 running 12.0(5) and was wondering if I can delete multiple VLAN's at once like VLANs 30 - 50 or do I have do it individually.

rshum by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes