Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi there.I have two sites that are connected by two p2p DS3's. In each site I have a pair of 4500 switches, and each DS3 has a router at both ends. My setup looks like this:Switch 1A -- Router1A -DS3- Router2A - Switch 2ASwitch 1B -- Router1B -DS3- R...

branfarm1 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was forwarded this as gospel, but find it hard to swallow. There may be "some" truth to it, but technically different than this. Anyone know for sure ??Cisco Voice VLANs...Why Spanning Tree is a Killer! Ouch! Poor voice or video quality...dropped...

Looking at deploying 6500-E chassis and will porbably opt for having a couple of POE modules (WS-X6148A-GE-45AF). What do I need to consider? I.E Will the POE modules need daughter cards, power consumption, type of supervisor etc.Thank you.

Resolved! UDLD Question

Dear all,<br /><br />Like I understand udld, it will give me a syslog output or shut down the port depends on the mode (normal(aggressive)<br /><br />Now I configured it in the lab and "damaged" one of the both fibers. The Link goes down but UDLD was...

I am measuring re-convergence times between LAN routers of between 1-5 seconds. Can the router settings be tweeked to improve that time?Configuration is:2 routers in cluster configuration on west side (R1, R2) to provide redundant links.1 router on ...

RobinCruz by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

could someone explain the below command to me... thanks: <br /><br />mpls ldp neighbor 192.x.x.1 password 7 <br />mpls label protocol ldp<br />no issu config-sync policy xxx xxx<br />issu config-sync policy xxx xex<br />

I just purchased a 2651xm (ebay) and it's password protected from the previous owner. I followed the password recovery directions on the Cisco website but it doesn't work. Can anyone please help? Here's whats happening:1. Break and goto ROMMON. Good...

Is there any way to do QOS on a 4500 with a supII+ that is setup as a layer 2 device only ? Or is the only way to turn ip routing on the box . Devices like the 2960 do it , the 4500 can't ? I have read the 4500 qos docs but don't see anythin...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Portfast

Hi,If i enable Portfast in the switch, does STP still works in that port.By chance if i connect a switch in that port, what will happen?R.B.Kumar

Our network is laid out like this: Network (One subnet) -> Switch -> Router -> Switch -> PIX -> COX Router.I want to put two subnets behind our internal router. The last IT guy had every machine set to use the PIX as a default gateway. My question ...

mrPeeples by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all, if I have say 3 switches, with 3 vlans, if I create another vlan on both switches, will it bring the trunk link down whilsts stp converges for the new vlan ? or will the other vlans remain ok ?

Hi,my scenario: I have c6509 switch and there are two vlans (10,20) configured.In Vlan10 is 300 users and vlan5 100 users. IP address for vlan10 is 192.168.100.1/24 and for vlan20 192.168.101.1/24. Now we changed network mask for clients in vlan10 to...

To turn on SSH only on a catos box what needs to be done ? Do I just need to enable an ip permit for telnet and then have no entries in the permit list ? SSH is currently working we just want to turn off telnet at this point . There are no c...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card