Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,I am looking for a little advice on a network design I will soon be implementing. Currently we have a home office that has 20 employees. In the home office we have an internal lan that has a lan server(dhcp,file server, print server, active d...

jmarsh by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have the task of migrating a Network using public IP space of 199.248.x.x to private IP space 10.248.x.x. The public IP space is not currently allowed to the public internet but it is not best practice and there are security concerns. I have been h...

agrayson by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I want to configure 2 private vlans between my firewall-core-access switch.The setup is:firewall - trunk to coreSW - trunk to accessSWThe firewall is the L3 device for 2 new VLANs.On the trunk between the FW and the core are multiple VLANs conf...

Is this true?If you do not have BPDu Guard configured on a PortFast-enabled port that is receiving configuration BPDUs. the configurationBPOUs are processed by the switch and eventually the port might be shut down to prevent a loop However, because d...

sjacisin by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi i have a PoE 3560 Switch and another device working on PoE. when i plugged that to POE switch it is not going to work either switch POE is off or on.IOS is 12.2 ipbase. Is IOS be the Issue ?kindly share ur experince if anyone face that also

Hello, I am trying to configure a C1800 router so that we can replicate our live system in a development environment. Live system has satellite links between sites interfacing to site routers using FE interfaces. Our DEV SAT SIM has only Serial inter...

nickgreen by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a catalyst 2960 and its connected to a redundant power supply. I rebooted the catalyst and the switch is now running primarily off the rps instead of the house current. Is there a configurable command to change that to house current or do I h...

The matrix in the RPS2300 documentation states that you need two 1150W power supplies in order to be able to support two C3750-E switches.I understand that if you are using POE on the switches. If you aren't doing POE and only have a 265W power supp...

3750 runs low memory too often. The current memory is 128MB. Switch almost fully populated with ip phones/PCs. Is this an IOS bug? Running IOS is C3750-IPSERVICES-M), Version 12.2(25)SEE3

Could you tell me if this config can work please: -Catalyst 6506 enhanced 6-slot shassis 12U-Catalyst 6500 Super.Engi-2,2GE+MSFC2/PFC-2-Catalyst 6500 48-ports Gig-E Mod:(req.SFP)Think you for your help.

Hi guys,I am missing something here, need your help/advise on this.From my LAN router I can do the trace route to my esrver located in another site. However from the same router, I am not able to do the source based trace route from one of its interf...

Hi ALL:Happy New YearI am getting this error when trying to copy the run to start up could any one explain the reason.Router#copRouter#copy runRouter#copy running-config stRouter#copy running-config startup-configDestination filename [startup-config]...

vishwancc by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes