Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, I have a OSPF stub router with uplinks to two ABR's. The Stub router is configured to be totally stubby, therefore why do I also see other LSA's as well as the default route from each ABR. I thought I would only see the default routes.Thanks in a...

I have a new software version on a laptop which I am going to apply to a catalyst 6509 with cat OS. I have the laptop connected to a switch and the switch connected to the cat6509. I want to use ftp to upgrade the software version on the cat6509. I ...

Sup720-3BI'm converting a 6500 switch from CatOS to IOS. Attached is the 'sh mod' from the 6500. Will I need to upgrade the rommon for the ios upgrade?Below are the guides I will be using for the upgrade.http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switche...

colmgrier by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a problem where on several floors away a DSL line terminates in a switch room with a 3750 for the floor. The 3750 is part of the network here but what I want to do is make the DSL line available in our data center. Is there a way to plug the D...

telemark1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am attempting to introduce a new UTM appliance within our network and I want to cutover subnets one at a time for testing purposes starting with us in IT.Currently all user traffic not destined for our network follows a default route of 0.0.0.0 0.0...

Periodically we perform network discovery scans to see what is on our network. When we scan a subnet that is not in use (no vlan or vlan interface exist) we get results back saying that there was a device found and that it is our firewall.Obviously ...

Hi all, does anyone know much about IPFIX, I have seen it on some Nortel Equipment, I believe its similar to Netflow, When we talk about flows, does this mean showing you the traffics source and destination info ?

Hello guys,I have a Cisco 2811 router that is sending out DHCP discovery packets.The only dhcp related line in the config is the 'no dhcp service' command, there is no dhcp command under any interface command.Do you know how can I turn off this ?rout...

Hi,we are having the cisco catalyst 6506 model switch with one SUP,one Power supply and one Line card now we planned for rednancy in the above three parts so pls let me know that if we insert the three secondary parts any outage will happen since we ...

HiWhen I add teh following route in I get the error:router1(config)#ip route 89.187.75.134 255.255.255.0 10.44.30.1%Inconsistent address and maskCan someone please explain why teh error is happening, shouldn't it just take teh route.ThanksDan

dan_track by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes