cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Labels

Forum Posts

firewall behavior

Hi all, is the default firewall behavior to allow inside to outside, and once the session is up traffic is allowed to come back through the firewall as long as the session was initiated from the inside, what is the default timeout value for a session...

First 4 port lights remaining amber, Catalyst 2900xl

The first 4 port lights are remaining amber. I'm thinking something has gone out inside of the switch. Upon boot it is showingPOST FAILURE front-end post: FastEthernet0/1 POST FAILURE looped-back packet not received POST Failure front-end post: FastE...

tim by Beginner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Creating a dot1q trunk on a 7200

okay...I must be loosing my mind. I'm trying to configure a fastethernet interface on a 7200 to be a 802.1q trunk to a Cisco 4000 switch.I created the subinterface:fastethernet 0/0.1but in the subinterface config there's no encapsulation command. Wha...

4503 sup II plus TS multicast

Hi I want to know if a 4503 with Sup II plus TS can be used for the following:* multicast routing* pim-sm* msdp* ipv6 multicast routingThe platform can not use different IOS features than IP BASE so I can not change it to advanced ip services.What ca...

Setting Static IP for PPOA on 857 using SDM

If I try and change the IP address on the dialer/atm interface using SDM from Negotiated to Fixed I get 'enter a valid IP address/subnet'. The address I am entering is that which is negotiated and I use a mask of 255.255.255.255.If I try to set the a...

Link Status on switch down down

server team is trying to turn up a new server on our network-however the port they are conncected to is showing DOWN DOWNGigabitEthernet1/0/21 is down, line protocol is down (notconnect) Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet, address is 0019.5638.f995 (bia ...

error in Lan Switching

I am facing problem in my LAN ,some errors accure in router(3845) that is connected with switch(3550)and then my LAN connected Pc's unable to communicate with others network until clear arp-cache command running on router.Error display on router is f...

adnan.dhl by Beginner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! show ip cef / show mls cef / attach to a DFC

Hello all,Have a slight issue I am not sure about.Please can you confirm that the first two statments are correct and what happens on the third ?1. sh ip cef = This shows you the fib on the RP (ie msfc/sup720)2. sh mls cef = This shows you the fib ...

Loop in network?

Our network has crashed a few times within the last two days. Come to find out we have a amber.com switch uplinked via copper to it from cisco equipment.The amber switch had a cable plugged from one port to another port on the switch.Would this caus...

Failing Port, No Error, Help!

I have a 24 port cisco switch 2924 and port 22 isn't functioning and there are no errors in any of the logs that I can see? This isn't the first time this has happened, it seems like random ports on occasion just stop working with nowhere for me to ...

swappedsr by Beginner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Router Question

Hi,Have a question regarding a router. If I have a router configured with interface 0 (192.168.51.0/24)and 1 (192.168.52.0/24) as LAN interfaces and 1 WAN interface. What needs to be done so LAN on interface 0 and 1 can see each other?

switch specifications

1.48 numbers of 10/100/1000 base T COPPER PORTS ,24 NUMBERS OF 1000 BASE X SFP FIBER PORTS TO PLUG IN MULTIMODE OR SINGLE MODE FIBER TRANSCEIVERS.SWITCHING PERFORMANCE.1.THE CORE SWITCH SHOULD BE MODULAR/CHASSIS BASED WITH REDUNDANT POWER SUPPLIES.2....

Resolved! Help please

Please help me in building the logic of the scenario. Here is my topology[3750] >> [2821](subinterface) ---- E1 Link ----(access port)[4948]>>>(subinterface)[7206]Here is the relevant config.1. 2821interface GigabitEthernet0/1.15description ******enc...

802.1x Multi-Domain - Avaya Phone

We are implementing Avaya IP Phones in 2960 switches with Cisco Multi-Domain Authentication but there is a strange behavior. When the Phone is connected to the port of the switch, it puts the port in err-disable state (shutdown) and logs the followi...