Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, I configure a hub & spoke topology with the hub as a multipoint interface and the spokes as physical. Is there a way to configure traffic shaping on a per PVC basis ? Or do I need to opt for point-to-point to achieve this ?Regards,Phil.

Hi, I have connected the GBIC port on a 3508G-XL to a 2950 FastEthernhet port, however, the ports are not coming up. I have tried straight through and crossover cables. Please could someone advise wheter the 2 switches can be connected and using whi...

Hi all, can anyone please tell me how many subnets are in the address 10.112.64.0/23from the calculator its saying 10.112.64.1 - 10.112.65.254is this 2 subnets?how is it worked out so that it goes from 10.112.64.1 to 10.112.65.255 ?

i have one access switch (2960)which is connected to core switch(4506)and trunk is enabled on both the switches for connected ports, if i will remove the trunk command from my access switch and i'll put access switch connected port on core switch in...

Hi all, can anyone tell me why we have spanning tree per vlan ? and also i have heard that the most switches you can have daisy chained is 7 due to the timers, what timers are these ?

I've been reading the Cisco VLAN1 security white paper -> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_white_paper09186a008013159f.shtml#wp39009 , and wanted to make sure I am on the right track as I translate Cisco's best practices...

Hi there,we have Cisco6513 switches,distribution layer in HSRP.It generates ARP broadacst for each ip address of all vlans' subnets.when i captaured the packets it shows the source mac-address is MSFC's mac address for all ARP requests.Can anybody s...

Regarding catalyst 3750's, is spanning tree set by default or do I have to code for it? If so, what is the code? thanks!

i have two cisco4506, Active and Pasive i have done vlan based HSRP on it, also i have one gateway router connected to MPLS cloud, how do i connect that single router to both the switches? with single gateway ip for both the switches

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card