Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello Cisco Gurus I am having an interesting, albeit, frustrating issue with interoperability between a 3560 48 Port Poe and an HP 5412zl backbone switch. I have 2 VLANS defined 1 is Data and 2 is voice. If I plug a PC and or phone into the HP dir...

dtuttle by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two 2950 switches. I am trying to set up a trunk over fa0/1 on both switches. There are no lights on the ports when I connect a cross-over cable. Any suggestions would help. I used the following commands on my first switch (Texas): enconfig...

Hi guys , What's the difference with cascading two switches and trunking two switches . I believe , you need to trunk , is because , you are carrying multiple vlans through a trunk and cascading two switches is to make two switches become vir...

amacdos by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm having trouble determining where/how to implement DHCP snooping on our campus.The core for our campus is a pair of 6506's etherchanneled to each other and 3750 stacks which serve as the distribution layer. The 3750's are trunked to our access l...

gcdudley by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all!I have 3560g with EMI. I connect my PC to GEth0/3 3560g and create SVI with address x.x.x.209 255.255.255.240, on my PC address is x.x.x.210 255.255.255.240. I add Linksys SRW224G4 to GEth0/2 port 3560g. I have trunk between 3560g and Linksys....

I am trying to find mibs and/or oids that I can implement but I can't find any good places to get details on the matter. I have tried mibdepot.com and the cisco mib/oid finder thing but neither do me any good. Neither have good descriptions of what e...

If I have one access 6509 switch connected to 2 core 6509 switch as follows.. Switch a - dual 10g sup.. slot 5 -- Active slot 6 - Hot Slot 5, supA-connected to core 1 Slot 6 , sup B- connected to core 2. Running MST spanning tree Since slot 5 is acti...

kwanm63 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to view the port information on the PIX501 switchports? I have a remote office connected via VPN on a 501, with users saying they are unable to get an ip address. The users show they are getting a link, but no IP address. I can log int...

burruss by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've a got several 6500's with DMVPNs configured. I want to do the following:router eigrp 10 address-family ipv4 vrf FRED autonomous-system 10 address-family ipv4 vrf WILMA autonomous-system 20then add the network statements etc.This works on 2800 a...

cd2 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes