Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! static routes

hellocan somebody explain me what the "NAME" in this command mean:ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 fastEthernet 1 nametnx

aadilovic by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, is it somehow possible to configure a DHCP server tracking and to backup it by Cisco DHCP solution. To be more clear, I would like use Cisco DHCP feature on the router to act as a backup DHCP in case of my DHCP server (or link to it) fails.Tha...

nordick26 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

VSAT Modem ==> Pix 501 as DHCPServer ==> WRT54GS Linksys wireless Router ==> ClientsI am trying to implement the above setup for my wireless network but unfortunately my linksys router is not able to access the internet throught PIX 501. Please advi...

Hi All, I'm trying to connect a few sites back to my office using sub-interfaces on an 1841 router. The only info the ISP gave my is the VLAN IDs of each site and the encapsulation type (dot1q). On the remote end of the connection is basically a laye...

I have a 3845 router installed at each of two sites and I have installed a hwic-4esw card in each router. One of the 10/100 Ethernet ports on the hwic-4esw connects to one of two isp routers. The isp's routers include an E3 interface (34 Mbps) for a ...

Resolved! OSPF NSSA

Quick question regarding NSSA. If I read correctly, NSSA allows type 7 LSA, so therefore It can allow redistributed routes into it. It then turns LSA 7 into an LSA 5 to send out.Lets say NSSA is connected to Area 0. And Area 0 has some redistribut...

OK, if I have a switch with a whole bunch of IP phones connected to it and I want to ensure that the voice traffic is given priority queueing, dont I need to have that traffic classified and queued on the OUTPUT -- heading out to the WAN? What good i...

lamav by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Are there any caveats in formating the file system on a catalyst 2900 series switch?This switch that I have was given to me, and was passworded and nobody knew the password. I proceeded with the password recovery of the switch, and updated the IOS t...

Hi all,Just wondering I upgraded and old lab WS-3524-XL Swith to the current IOS, now I am getting errors.I need to go back to the previous version, that I do not have any longerThe current version is c2900xl-c3h2s-mz.120-5.WC13 and this is the old v...

Hi NetPros,anyone who can tell me what does it means ? %C4K_REDUNDANCY-5-CALENDAR_RATELIMIT: The calendar has been successfully synchronized to the standby supervisor24 times since last calendar syslogyour reply will be highly appreciated.thanks a lo...

ney25 by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Understanding span

I have 2 core switches conencted to each other via trunk.Voip phones are in a seperate vlan and are distributed across both the switchesFor recording the conversations i have connected a verint box to the core switch 1 and spanned the entire voice vl...

ambi by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi There,Can seed metric of 0 and infinity be used interchangeably?Both will result in an unreachable network so what is the difference between the two. For example the cisco book says ISIS default seed metric 0, but RIP and EIGRP are infinity.