Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dears i have cisco 4006 switch with MSFC i. I have wireless access-point defined 2 SSID one for guists and one for local users i want to guest users connect to internet and DHCP(to get ip address from their scope). every thing is very good before ad...

seegomaa by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello!Experts Plz Help....we Have 2 old CORE 6509 SUP1;the 1st 1 configured as root bridge Primary for Particular Vlans and Root Bridge Sacendary for another Particular Vlans the 2nd 1 its root Bridge Primary for Particular Vlan and Root Bridge Sace...

alsayed by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Trying to upgrade a c6k sup720 to IOS s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF9.binAfter et upgrade the switch keep hanging at:Autoboot executing command: "boot disk0:s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF9.bin"Loading image, please wait ...I'm abl...

bbrunes by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, is it possible to change the mtu to 1600 bytes on cisco routers and switches. Although the interface is 10/100/1000BT, the interface is configured at 100M full duplex? What is the maximum byte size that you can configure on a 10/100BT interface. ...

Hi, I am a new user and am studying for my CCNA at this time. I have two routers, bought from e-bay. 1 - 2505 and 1 - 2507. My configuration is this;2505:Ethernet 0 - 172.16.0.99 255.255.0.0Serial 0 - 192.168.1.3 255.255.255.0Systems connected on ...

Hello,I have some questions about MST interaction.Can MST interact with all STP? Or more precisely, can MST Interact with PVST, PVST+, RSTP and RPVST?Also, what would happen if you take a triangle type of topology and have MST, RSTP and CST? Could M...

pentagel by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have following scenario:There are two cat6509 swtiches, lets say cat1 and cat2.Vlan 10 is configured on cat1 with layer 3 information and is functioning as gateway for vlan10. There is no physical access port on cat1 that is part of vlan10. There i...

Hello,I configured SSH in one of cisco ASA, but i cannot login to it, i made a mistake and didn't configure telnet so i cannot access it, i configured it to authenticate with cisco ACS and i'm sure that the configration is right cuz i did it before i...

Hello there,I am using a cisco 2950 for upgrading some CPEs. The CPE gets IP from a DHCP server connects to the same switch. upgrade CPE takes about 2 minutes, then they will be unplugged from switch and new CPE will be plugged in. Then I found out s...

hi,can any one give me the best high performance solution for the network daigram below..1.where can i create Vlans?2.stp or RSTP or MSTp?3.and which device should be configured as root?4.HSRP?5.Etherchaneel.6.miscPlzs suggest with the best sollutio...