Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Does anyone have any information on how Cisco is going to handle the daylight saving time changes in 2007 for router and switch IOS's? Will it be some type of patch or will we need to update the IOS level on all of our switches and routers?

sgillikin by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Couple of questions:(1) I have searched and have found nothing on the processor speed of the 1841. Does anyone have this info?(2) For the 3725, what does 1 X MIPS mean for the processor.

First of all thanks to all, I'm adding a new access switch to my 6509 catalyst, I have to do this during business hours, how do I prevent this new switch from starting a root election and disturbing the rest of the network? thanks again

bbravo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am upgrading the image for the 4500 and last time that I did it, it didn't go well, actually it was a mess. So this time I want it to be smooth, hopefully. I went to cisco.com and got a hand-out on upgrading the switch for 4500 switch. But I am not...

HI NetPros .. would you mind making sense of these config I have found in one of my customers .. I know it is related to virtual routing and forwarding but am confused as to what exactly is doing .. perhaps it is a missconfiguration which I wou...

Resolved! Guest VLAN

Hi,I need to allow guests to access our wireless infrastructure. My initial thoughts about how to enable this involve setting up a guest VLAN associate with an additional SSID.My question is how do I ensure that traffic from this guest VLAN is only a...

Hi,The docs seem unclear about this, so I'd apreciate if someone can confirm:Does switching from pvst to rstp induce any port flapping on the local switch or temporary topology changes? I guess in other words:Will switching from stp to rstp flush the...

HiI'm having a problem with slow connectivity on my LAN, now I don't know what the problem is at the moment and want to start to debug it. My initial guess would be congestion, but I don't know how to start to look for this on my 3750 switches. Could...

dan_track by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! 3745 NBAR

Hello!Please tell me - what is requirments for running NBAR on 3745 router. IOS version? Memory? And what software i need to install to run NBAR on 3745? (one thing i have understood is that i need to install pdlm file for every type of protocol)Thnx...

Hi,I have applied the following configuration on my internet router my ADSL interface is up and the link protocol is also up but still is not getting an IP address and as consequence not able to communicate through it to my ISP nor to the internet. T...

Hi,I have 8 cisco 2950 switches connected in a star topology to another 2950 switch(B) which links the network to the 6509 swtch that we use as the core switch. Users are complaining of slow network response, but I have checked the switch for errors,...