Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiSpanning Tree protocol and Rapid Spanning Tree protocol, how do we check which one is running in my switch now, and if I need to change from STP to RSTP, how can I do that, please?Thanks in advance!

omal by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a 2611 router I have just set up at my house (for learning to get CCNA). It is NOT live on the network yet, though. I want to get some anti-spoofing and regular traffic ACL's in place first before I take it live.My LAN scheme is 192.1...

I've seen banners on switches and routers that flash, some that are different colors, and bold text. Does anyone know how to do this or a link that can describe it?

Resolved! Spanning Tree

Please find atached the spanning tree config.I can not seem to see where it should be blocking. Please how can I check this or is there something wrong with the spanning tree on the network?Thanks

londint by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am bit confused. Will block port on switch will still traffic from other. It will not forward onward traffic right. 2/49 forwarding ROOT 4 32 P2P, PEER(STP) 2/50 blocking ALTR 4 32 P...

Hi, I am trying to recover my Layer 3 on a Sup720-3B. I am doing this through xmodem. 1) This is the image that I will be using on the L3, c6msfc3-jk9sv-mz.122-17a.SX4.bin. What is the boot loader for this image ? Thank you,- Sanjay -

Would anyone like to comment on the pros and/or cons of blocking the flooding of unknown unicast or multicast traffic?On a lan with perhaps as many 650 hosts, I am observing some (relatively small) amount of this. Just wondered about the consequence...

Hi, is there any such thing as copying an MIB file to a swith? I want to copy an MIB file (RFC1493 bridge) from cisco.com (ftp). How do i get it into the switch (cat. 2950). I have the net-snmp 5.3.1software.ThanksToyin.

we are having a issue and it appears to be after our upgrade to LMS 2.6. It appears that when we make a change such as clearing port security mac-addresses, RME will log on for the change audit and copy the config. Now what is happening is that it lo...

miwitte by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I just had an entire VLAN drop out due to a host being brought onto the network that had been erroneously configured with a static IP that happened to be in conflict with the HSRP default gateway IP of the core switch; fortunately, we were able to re...

drumrb0y by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I'm very new at this so bare with me. For starters We have our Core switch that that has VLANS 2,3,4,8,etc etc Locate Network and we get Internet from our CORE site anyway. VLAN 900 is our DSL line for users who come and Visit our site . ...

weaklinks by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have to connect a Netgear wireless router to a switch.The scenario is I have to VLANS on the switch. Vlan1 is assigned an ip interface 10.90.90.90 and the vlan2 is assigned an ip interface 192.168.1.1 as shown in figure.I want to connect a pc to vl...