Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

OK. Cisco newbie here so be nice.I have a small company LAN. My ISP has also supplied me with 4 static IP's which I use for mail/web/data, etc. My servers are all running flavors of Linux with one of the boxes doing the routing for my desktops to get...

Beagle423 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I would like to be sure I understand Q-in-Q, and especially the configuration of this feature...I understand that the ISP add a 802.1q tag for each customer. We can say that 1 customer = 1 vlan?So when I configure the switch like this:nterface Fas...

rdubo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have the following problem:I have a Cisco 7120-SMI3 and I'm doing NAT for some customers. Other customers have static IPs which are routed over 2 different interfaces. For NAT I have a route-map applied on the outgoing interface:route-map n perm...

I have a Cisco switch "WS-C5505" with MFSC (Router - WS-F5541)I have a Vlan configured on the Router "MFSC" and a physical interface on the swicth module 3/1. I will like to find out if the router VLAN will go done if the physical interface on the ...

sanyaolu by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, just looking subnets, would you ever say subnet say a 172.16.0.0 class B network to say a /11 or would you always subnet above its classful mask i.e /17 ?

Hi all, I have just set up a cisco 1700 isdn router to dial to a remote location, for some reason when I try to ping the other end, it doesnt work, I have isdn debugging on but it doesnt even seem to raise the dialer interface, , from the debug I get...

Hello, I've a question, about a policy-map, class-map and other policy command!In catalyst 6500 switch with firewall module i can't configure policy the command that I wrote above are only in switch IOS but when I make a session to fwsm there are non...

I have a cisco 3524 switch with one port configured to VLAN2. My main switch is a Catalyst 4000. I configured port 1 to vlan2 on the 3524 switch. I can't ping the device plugged into port 1. DO I need to enable trunks on both switches for it to work...