Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a very small network with 7 routers and one switch. I am trying to figure out why I have a delay of up to 2 minutes going from one 2651 router to another. I send a message from one host on an ip of 148.32.17.32 to another host on 148.32.144.32...

sockerref by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two 3750 switches in a stack configuration - password unknown. I tried connecting to console on one of the switches, power up while pressing mode button, rename flash:config.text flash:config.text.old but at next point where switch is command...

Two Switches, SW1 & SW2, are connected through their F0/10 interfaces and two routers are connected to each Switch ? using F0/24 interfaces.I am trying to ping from R1 to R2 but I can?t get it to work!Switch2#Interface FastEthernet0/10switchport trun...

i have a cisco 3560G that has a 3 com switch connected to one of the ports. it is causing a lot of collisions. what can i do to prevent this?here is the the port config.interface GigabitEthernet0/3 switchport access vlan 24 switchport mode access

Our enterprise is preparing for network transitions. One approach presented is a new backbone OSPF area 0 connected to the existing non-backbone areas. In theory, as we transition users over to the new backbone they should follow the routes, as they ...

dnewell24 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all..I am trying to figure out what I can do when I want to dual home a server NIC to two different access-layer switches. My design is that I want to use two L3 switches in the distribution whit a L3 between them. My access-layer switches have up...

jenseike by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a question: is it still valid to run Spanning tree protocol in a Metro net from the Carrier stand point? I would rather prefer another level=2 protocolo to prevent from looping and that has less convergence time due to minor topology...

I am attempting to complete upgrading to c3750-ipservicesk9-mz.122-25.SEE2. I have three stacks done, but the last stack errors stating ?There is not enough memory on switch to examine the new software image?. At the top directory, three file exist (...

Jumbo by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

The the refrence guide of Catalyst 4500 switch, it is said that MD5 check can be automatically be done at the boot during the copy from bootflash to memory.It is said that the comparison is done between the MD5 information in a README file and the co...

santo.suy by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

can someone plz explain what port channels are and what is the purpose of doing it....can if possible how you can configure it ....i tried to see doc on cisco website but i recon didnt get what i was looking for