Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We are getting power deny on the line card modules for a newly ordered 9606R as below. How to resolve this?SW1#sh modChassis Type: C9606RMod Ports Card Type                                   Model          Serial No.---+-----+------------------------...

On my Nexus 6K I see that the interfaces patched to the Cisco UCS regularly show discards but not errors. These are10Gbps links w Copper SFP-H10GB-CU3M. The links are never close to capacity. The ratio over time appears to show .001 (1/10 of 1%) of d...

I've been poking around trying to figure out a way to create port channels in the CLI rather then the GUI. The set of instructions below is how we would typically configure a port channel in the GUI, and we are not having any luck getting these confi...

Hi,I have to connect a network of 15 switches, of which 3 are MRV supporting MSTP only.Other switches are operating on rapidPVST. I cant correctly connect them, right now I'm using this manualThe problem is when I set everything up, the connection fa...

Hello, I am encountering a problem with flexible netflow on a cisco Catalyst 3850. When I apply the flow monitor on an interface, where there is a 2960 switch stack behind, Netflow doesn't detect any traffic. Going into the logs, I notice this error:...

Hello , We are implementing NAC on all out access switch mostly 2950 and 3750. Our Radius is Microsoft NPS . I am looking for a configuration on Cisco switch both global config and port config.Dot1x for all windows having certificate and Mac authenti...

Resolved! 3750-X upgrade

Hi there, I am an end user and not a network engineer.I have eight 3750-X network switches that are not used for anything fancy other than Netflow export (was is CRITICAL).I need to budget to upgrade these switches and am looking for advice on which ...

I have a 4500-X VSS configuration.  It's running 3.6.6E.  I need to get to 3.8 and the release notes say to upgrade ROMMON to version 15.0(1r)SG11.  Can I upgrade ROMMON on one member switch at a time to avoid an outage of a full reboot?  My current ...

hypnotoad by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On servers and desktops we do:C:\ipconfig /release && ipconfig /renewThat way we are able to reconnect after releasing an IP and not thrown out and unable to reconnect because it has no IP. For the Cisco 4506e:What is the syntax to do a shut, no shu...