Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi guysi have cisco switch with this model WS-C2960+24TC-S LAN litei downloaded the last version of Firmware and update the switch to the new update but the new update not working fine and my switch failed to start and when i want to connect by the c...

sroodit81 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Yes we know this is a very old switch but this behavior is quite odd.  We are running the latest release of IOS 12 on these switches, and this has happened now on two different switches. This is the only switch with VLAN 10, and this VLAN is used for...

Hello guys,I have a question about why one port on a Nexus 7000 with a N7K-M132XP-12 (32 port 10G card) doesn't show any valueswhen looking at "show inter e 9/27 transceiver details", all values are just zero.N7K# show inter e 9/27 transceiver detail...

awiborgh by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Ok, this is going to get complicated... I am currently working on a Packet Tracer lab, and I cannot get my DHCP server to issue an address to the pcs. Each PC is in its own VLAN, one VLAN 55 and the other 57. My main router is set up as a DHCP server...

TVan1994 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

eetings,Could the community inform me about the following scenario please.I have 2960 series switches and i would like to do log retention for at least 1 year locally to the switch.How could i achieve that (without affecting switch performance)  eith...

We have a Cisco 9500-40X switch at a new location (single switch). This is the first time we have ever used this particular model. We seem to be having trouble saving the configuration. Every time we power the switch on, the config is gone. I am used...

On 7.3, when I try to populate a network with routers or switches, I cannot access the physical device view. This means I am unable to install serial interfaces on routers. I had not problems with 7.2. Any suggestions? 

jmcnally by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I know that we should not delete a VLAN direclty (But i'm not sure why). Since i'm practicing for my CCNA, i just deleted a VLAN it to see what issues will arise.I deleted my VLAN2 which is having ports Fa0/11 to Fa0/20  and i confirmed that i...

Hello,we have SG350 Switches. We want to use two of them e.g. today with activated dhcp server for two separated small networks. Tomorrow we want to connect two switches because we need a bigger network, but of course then I have to deactivate one DH...

Hi We have a little Problem with two Switches. The Problem is that we can't connect to these switches via ssh or Network Assistant from the Computer, but it works perfectly from another switch. VLAN or IP shouldn't be a the problem, because we can co...