Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, ok my first IOS 'install' and I messed up and really need help. I have a new 3650 switch with 16.03.08 and attempted (poorly) to downgrade to 03.06.06E to match all our other switches. I followed the guidelines below (realise I should have used t...

IOSError.JPG
Mottok by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I was creating a small network in packet tracer to learn about Port channels. I've run into a problem where my PC's cannot ping my router because of spanning tree protocol. My Arp's or IMCP packets ever make it to the router because of spannin...

ccna_1.png ccna_qu2.png
Glf20 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So I'm attempting to configure a loopback address on my Cisco cat-3850 Switch to be pingable on a host PC. The devices are already connected via an Ethernet cord and despite the fact that, if the Switch goes through to the Router, it can reach the in...

I am doing an activity where I need to assign the IPv6 addresses to the router interfaces and then auto config the PC IPv6 address. My understanding is that it would be a eui-64 address generated in this field, but it keeps generating a duplicate add...

rsz_5eebdedb4224f.png
prlce by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,i intend to buy a C9500-48Y-4C switch.I have 2 questions :1/ the switch ship withs how many fans? Is there any empty slots to add some others modules?2/ Can you give me a Cisco reference for a direct attach cable to connect my servers (DELL Pow...

Good day all,  Having an issue with port-channel   My predecessor set up a few single port channel groups (don't ask me why?). They are auto on both sides and are currently working just fine I have a 2 port channel-group I'm trying to set up and one...

kalen4101 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a Cisco 9200L-24T-4X-E switch which is using smart licensing. I've set up the switch and licensed it using our internet connection and all is good. The way I understand it is that the device will automatically communicate with Cisco to re-...

Jim Kerr by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If you establish EIGRP neighbor relationships via SVI interfaces across an L2 link, does the metric calculation look at the physical link the same way? We'll have three devices connected to each other that will require some VLANs to exist on all thre...

Hello, I'm planning an upgrade and need to know if it can be done without downtime. We have 2 4500's in a VSS running 03.07.01.E and wanting to go to 3.11.1.  Can someone tell me the procedure and if I need to follow a certain path.  thanks 

NETAD by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello! I'm trying to setup 2 simple VLANS with this 3750 switch to try to gain some more knowledge of VLANS. I'm not really a Cisco or Networking Expert, so I'm sorry if explanation or configuration isn't correct... So I have a PfSense running as Rou...

Raptor_45 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I purchased a 3750x 48port POE switch with the hopes of setting it up to run multiple security POE cameras, a home media server, and a home assistant server.   I also recently got gifted a 2811 router that I wanted to integrate.  I have not been real...

normally a switch has line vty 0 4 and line vty 5 15. Is there a way to collapse that and just have line vty 0 15?  I have tried with no luck, but not sure if there is something special that needs to be done

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card