cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to auto dial a speed dial when call is received on an extension

jawadaliqamar
Level 1
Level 1

I have this number 4555,,,6668888 configured as a speed dial on an extension line "2008" in CUCM 11.x.

I want the speed dial number "4555,,,6668888" to be auto dialed without any manual intervention whenever someone calls 2008.

How can I achieve this?

16 Replies 16

Hi @Roger Kallberg @Jonny Bacoz @Maren Mahoney @Jonathan Schulenberg ,

As a work around, is it possible through any sort of scripting in Call manager to auto trigger a call to a speed dial entry as soon as the call arrives on a Cisco phone line/extension?

The reason to ask for this work around is that as of now, Cisco only allows Pauses on Speed Dial and not on Route/Translation Patterns, which is disappointing to be fair.

Can we please get these answers from development?

Best Regards,

Jawad

You would need a CTI application performing 3rd-party call control over the endpoint. This is not a simple undertaking. A CCX IVR script can also outpulse DTMF digits on a consult transfer.

As for the roadmap question for development: you’ll need to work with your Cisco account team to run a question up to the BU. I wouldn't hold your breath on this though. Getting an individual enhancement prioritized over the thousands of other requests tends to require significant customer demand or a very compelling business case.