cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need a bootable IOS image for Cisco PCD

Chalitha
Level 1
Level 1

How might a person obtain a copy of Cisco's Prime Collaboration Deployment software/OVA?

I need to migrate my existing CUCM 11.5 to 12.0 using the PCD migration tool.

For that, I need to find out a bootable IOS image for the Cisco PCD tool.

Please advise any suggestions on how can I obtain the OVA file or can someone provide me with the mentioned OVA?

Thanks.

@

15 Replies 15

You can get the IOS for the PCD from https://software.cisco.com/.

Under the CallManager software, you find the "Prime Collaboration Deployment Updates".

PCD.PNG

Then you can convert it to bootable IOS using the UltraIOS app.

Apparently those are non bootable files used for upgrade.

Response Signature

Yes, I tried but those PCD image formats are not supported in UltraISO also i read that making PCD bootable using third-party sw will miss some hash files 

Making a bootable from non-bootable will always change the hash values and when using such ISO you must skip the software check step during installation.

Response Signature

The ova and bootable iso can be downloaded from MCE portal.

https://mce.cisco.com/

PCD OVA comes with the server and you can find the ova inside the datastore. Use that ova install and upgrade the ova using upgrade file which can download from software.Cisco.com

Response Signature

khanalb
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure how I can download software from MCE portal. I am not finding the download option.

Downloading from MCE is possible if there an order showing in the portal. Have you checked the server Datastore ? The server comes with  PCD OVA in the data store.

The other option will be making upgrade iso to bootable. during installation, skip the software check.

Response Signature

Was just trying to understand if I can download Cisco software that we are entitled to, from the MCE portal. Regarding making bootable ISO, thats a pain and wish Cisco took care of that.

Just curious, but why do you feel you need PCD? Are you changing IP's on the virtual machines or something? Otherwise you can directly run the upgrade without PCD. All the other advise regarding PCD is valid.

Don't have any plan to use PCD yet but would like to play with it in the lab environment. Maybe it will be better to use PCD to upgrade from 12.5 to 15 when it becomes available rather than doing manually. 

If you are migrating from one box to another on a latest version, PCD will the best option.

Response Signature

You can also open a case with Cisco support and ask the Technical Assistance Center (TAC) to provide you with the Prime Collaboration Deployment (PCD) bootable image. I remember that when I needed the PCD bootable images, I opened a case with Cisco support and the TAC gave me a link to download the IOS.

Another question, why are you moving to 12.0 as this versions crossed EOL 31-AUG-2023

Response Signature

We already have 12.5 and now contemplating whether to go to 14 or wait a bit longer and go 15. What is your thought?