Views
Helpful
Replies

CIMC - wrong password

Jean Lofrano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys!!

I have a UCS C220 working properly, but would like to access in CIMC interface and I don´t have the corret user and password. What is the best way to reset that? 

regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This doc shows the procedure:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c200-m1-high-density-rack-mount-server/111455-setup-cimc-c-series.html

F8 to configure/view CIMC IP

While in BIOS you can press F8 for the CIMC IP address configuration and password reset.

Chris

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Hi

You will need to hook a monitor and keyboard to the server to reset the CIMC password.

Reboot the server and you should see a message on the screen to press "f8" to enter the CIMC setup. From there you can reset the CIMC password.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thanks guys,

I wouldn´t like to reboot the server...

If I perform the procedure below?  What do you think about?

Procedure

Command or ActionPurpose
Step 1Server# scope cimcEnters the CIMC command mode.
Step 2Server /cimc # factory-defaultAfter a prompt to confirm, the CIMC resets to factory defaults.

This is not going to work as you will need to enter the credentials to get to this mode. F8 is the only way if you need to reset password.

Chris

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/servers-unified-computing/ucs-c200-m1-high-density-rack-mount-server/111455-setup-cimc-c-series.html

While in BIOS you can press F8 for the CIMC IP address configuration and password reset.

Chris

Hi,

that prompts for the old password in my situation. is there any way around this?

Thanks

Having the same problem.  Has anyone figured out how to get past this?  After hitting "F8", you're greeted by a 
CURRENT PASSWORD: 
NEW PASSWORD:
CONFIRM PASSWORD:

Try "password" or "Cisco1234"

Awesome, I'll try that and provide an update on the results.  Thanks!

password worked.

Were you ever able to reset your CIMC password without knowing the current password? From what I'm reading, you need to update the CIMC BIOS using a DIP switch setting on the motherboard. 

AsadShareef6969
Level 1
Level 1

If vmware is running, Verify ucs_ipmitool is present you can create new user with admin privileges.

[root@esxi01:~] ls /opt/ucs_tool_esxi/
host-cfg.yaml ucs_host_inventory.py
host-inv-details.yaml ucs_ipmitool <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Verify ipmi tool is present in Cisco UCS server.
host-inv.yaml ucs_tool_inv_read_last_config.yaml
ucs_host_config.py util.py

[root@esxi01:~] /opt/ucs_tool_esxi/ucs_ipmitool user list 1 <<<< to see how many users
ID Name Callin Link Auth IPMI Msg Channel Priv Limit
1 admin true true true ADMINISTRATOR
2 true true true USER
3 true true true USER

[root@esxi01:~] /opt/ucs_tool_esxi/ucs_ipmitool user set name 2 admin1

[root@esxi01:~] /opt/ucs_tool_esxi/ucs_ipmitool user list 1
2 carousel true true true USER <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<created new user
3 true true true USER

[root@esxi01:~] /opt/ucs_tool_esxi/ucs_ipmitool user set password 2 ADgif321!

[root@esxi01:~] /opt/ucs_tool_esxi/ucs_ipmitool user enable 2 <<<<<<<<enabled the user

[root@esxi01:~] /opt/ucs_tool_esxi/ucs_ipmitool channel setaccess 1 2 callin=on ipmi=on link=on privilege=4 <<<<<< giving admin privileges

[root@esxi01:~] /opt/ucs_tool_esxi/ucs_ipmitool user list
2 carousel true true true ADMINISTRATOR
3 true true true USER

[root@esxi01:~]

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: