cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6502i with 5508WLC Dual-Band question

Mat Barry
Level 1
Level 1

I recently purchased a few 6502i APs and have them connected to our 5508 WLC.   I have all of the bands available, WMM, and all the MCS rates supported.   For some reason, I'm not seeing the new APs listed under "Dual-Band Radios".    Is there something I'm missing?

21 Replies 21

Here is an AC module on a 3602i

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Oh.  So it's not a bug.  The "Dual Radios" is counting the 802.11ac module.

Michael:  We found some funny stuff.  Still investigating.  Nothing dramatic.  Just doesn't sit well with us. 

Is that wave module even available yet?  It seems somewhat deceiving, considering everything else says it's Dual-Band based a/g/n.  Seems as if Wave1 would be described as Wave1 or "ac" when sorting, rather than "dual-band", considering "dual-band" standards aren't currently described as AC.

It's not available yet but it's referencing access point with the AC module added. It wouldn't make sense that it would reference the total number of AP's because you already can see that.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

I was just concerned that the "dual-band" APs that I purchased would perform at current "dual-band" standards.  I'm guessing they already run that way OOB as far as a/g/n goes, but I didn't think they would label something that's not fully released under a vague name.   Thanks for the help.  I was alarmed that the switches I had weren't running as what I thought was "dual-band".

Welcome to the Cisco world... You will see things on the WLC that are used for future features. Look at the RA ports on the WLC. That's now used for HA. Fast transition feature is there before devices even were using that. There are others out there that shouldn't be enabled but is available.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

HA!   I was just talking to a co-worker about cisco creating their own jargon to confuse people, especially with this.   On a completely different note, I'm glad they fixed the software to show APs that are DOWN, rather than them disappearing when they're offline.

SILVER LINING.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card