Views
Helpful
Replies

C9800-40 HA setup to change from 1G to 10G tranceiver

Charlie Grey
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

as above, the HA was setup in 1G transceiver. Now, customer will like to upgrade to 10G.

but the HA unit is using the same config file and the interface config was set "negotiation auto" to detect the 1G transceiver.>> need to change to "no negotiation auto"

IS there a way to TO CHANGE THE traceivers to 10G w/o bringing down both of the units?

thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

>....note the issue is the HA is running on the same config file. so i cannot change the spare unit to 10G transceiver uplink..
 (OK , not RP = understood)                                That is a showstopper because in HA , everything must be completely symmetrical.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

hi, i am talk abt the 4x 10G data ports

You can not manually change any configuration on the standby.

My suggestion is break the HA - configure on Active Until the changes for 10GB, and on the Standby by just configured required configuration to join HA - so all the configuration will be synched to Standby.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Note that the redundancy port only supports 1G (fiber) ; you can change one box to 10G (when the other box is down)  , but not when the HA is online, so it's not possible without disruption , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

hi, i am talk abt the 4x 10G data ports, not the RP port.

Do u understand wat i trying to say?

previous we dont have 10G switch, that why on the C9800 i configure "negotiate auto" command to detect the 1Gb transceiver.

note the issue is the HA is running on the same config file. so i cannot change the spare unit to 10G transciever uplink..

any one..

>....note the issue is the HA is running on the same config file. so i cannot change the spare unit to 10G transceiver uplink..
 (OK , not RP = understood)                                That is a showstopper because in HA , everything must be completely symmetrical.

M.

hi, i am talk abt the 4x 10G data ports

You can not manually change any configuration on the standby.

My suggestion is break the HA - configure on Active Until the changes for 10GB, and on the Standby by just configured required configuration to join HA - so all the configuration will be synched to Standby.

BB

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

RP Support both Ethernet and SFP ports - depends on the model you can find information in HA guide :

balajibandi_0-1697698131863.png

IS there a way to TO CHANGE THE traceivers to 10G w/o bringing down both of the units?

best is bring down the Standby Controller to Offline and change the SFP and bring back Standby controller once RP Port up and working.

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card