cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1941W

Matt Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1941 with the security licence. I also bought a 1941W cheaply off eBay. It only had a base licence. I tried swapping the wireless module from the 1941W to the 1941. The 1941 would not recognise it and threw up errors. Both have the latest IOS and bootrom. Any ideas as to why the 1941 would not recognse the wireless module?

Cheers, Matt.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I doubt that that will work.  The PID is burned into the router and adding the module won't change the PID.  I expect that IOS will only activate the wireless module in a W router with the wireless PID.  That's probably intentional because of regulatory implications for the products.  In any event I'd expect to see something in the logs when it boots up.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I do not believe that way it works - I never tried it, if that is the case why cisco produce 1941 and 1941W ? 

Note : both are end of Life now.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Matt Wilson
Level 1
Level 1

I might add that when swapped back both routers worked flawlessly.

I doubt that that will work.  The PID is burned into the router and adding the module won't change the PID.  I expect that IOS will only activate the wireless module in a W router with the wireless PID.  That's probably intentional because of regulatory implications for the products.  In any event I'd expect to see something in the logs when it boots up.

That makes sense. Thanks for your help.

Matt.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: