Views
Helpful
Replies

RLAN for 2702

peter.matuska1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is RLAN supported on 2702 in flex connect mode? The switch is PoE+, WLC is Cat 9800. I configured the RLAN and the device has the  IP address, I can ping it from the AP but connectivity doesn't work. The IP address is from the native vlan.

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- According to the beginning of this document , your access point (model)  does not support RLAN : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg/remote-lans.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- According to the beginning of this document , your access point (model)  does not support RLAN : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg/remote-lans.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

but they mention 2700 right below the supported APs. 

Limitations for Using AUX port in Cisco 2700 Access Points

- That  paragraph also says :  AUX port does not support dot1x ,

M.

yes, I do not need 802.1x

- What authenticating protocol are you using ?

M.

On this AP I use SSID with PSK and SSID with 802.1x but for the RLAN I just want to plug the cable and connect without any 802.1x.

- Not sure , if it can work that way , according to the mentioned restrictions for the 2700 model , anyway try to configure a (the) RLAN as mentioned in the document in my first reply : when connecting a client on the wired port check the controller logs , also use the show-verification commands mentioned in the document such as :
                           show remote-lan summary

show remote-lan id <id>

show remote-lan name <profile-name>

show remote-lan all

show remote-lan policy summary

show ap name <ap_name> lan port summary

show wireless client summary (check if the particular mac is also in there as it should be because the intend is that the wired client gets authenticated by the controller)

show wireless client mac-address d8eb.97b6.fcc6 detail (substitute the mac address accordingly)

show wireless tag policy detailed <rlan_policy_tag_name>

(sorry about colors and font change = not intended)

M.

didnt help, even if I removed 802.1x SSID. So I installed a new cable from the switch to the device I needed to connect. It looks like it is not supported.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

You missed the first point in that 2700 section:

• RLAN supports AUX port and non-native VLAN for this port.

tried that and didn't work

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Tried what? 
You said "The IP address is from the native vlan"

I tried many combinations, native VLAN, VLAN1, no VLAN, VLAN55, VLAN65, etc. Reload the AP/WLC after changing the VLAN.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Ok and are you using local or central switching?
The notes make clear that when AP is in flex mode it will only support local switching not central switching.

What IOS version are you running?  If not already then make sure you're using latest as per TAC recommended link below.
Because you're using 2700 that currently means 17.3.6 + APSP CCO image

However 2700 is already well past end of software maintenance date so if this is a bug it will not be fixed.  And 17.3 will end soon with last release planned by end of March 2023 so time to think about replacing that 2700 ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card