cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

users having issues viewing screen captures sent via jabber

praneshkumarz
Level 1
Level 1

users having issues viewing screen captures sent via jabber.

When the users uses’ the jabber screen capture feature, they receive a file with a cross and a text saying screen capture.

This was working for the user.
Only stopped working today when they received and error saying “jabber screen capture could not be delivered”

Have reset the jabber client for the user which in turn started to bring up the ‘x screen capture’ icon.

Jabber version: 11.7

Got 1 client working by

Deleting the

\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber folder
Uninstalling then restarting.

Other User can login to non-working user's machine and works fine and also non working user can login to other and its works fine.

Problem report attahed

10 Replies 10

gretchen1983
Level 1
Level 1

I tried installing the two certs at

Error: 'This screen capture could not be delivered' While Sending a Screen Capture in Jabber

and rebooting, but I still can't receive screen captures.

I can send screenshots to other people, but they cannot send them to me. 

Instead of the image they are trying to send me, I get

"This screen capture could not be delivered "

Hi there,

did you already found a solution for this one? 

Got the same problem. 

Thanks!

Hi there

Just wondering you checked the above post for installing the two certificates, then reset the jabber and try logging

https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/WBX88448

Also refer this post
https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/jabber-clients/unable-to-send-screen-captures-via-cisco-jabber-for-windows/td-p/2631305

"Cisco Technical support was able to send the missing trusted root certificate that was needed. Installing the certificate on all of the affected PCs resolved the issue for us"

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi Rath!

Thanks for replying! 

I have the problem on our Citrix Farm running MS 10. 

I tried installing the certificates on the Citrix machine - sadly didn't helped. 

If someone from a local machine sends me a screenshot to my Citrix Jabber everything works fine. 

Means I can receive screenshots but when i want to send one out of my Citrix Jabber I get the error. 

Not sure if it's a certificate problem. 

Thanks for your help!

Best, 

Klemens

Hi there

Thanks for the details, just curious whats the jabber version you are using. Did you try upgrading to the latest 12 version to make any difference.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi there! 

We tried different versions up to 12.0 - yes. 

Sadly that didn't helped. 

After some more research with Wireshark we figured out that Port 37200 (SOCKS5 Bytestream) won't open when required. 

If we share a screen capture from Fat-Client to Fat-Client we can see that the port is opening properly and the Screenshot gets transferred. 

If we share a screen capture from Fat-Client to Windows Server or Citrix Server we can see that the port should open - but it's not opening (RST, ACK). We tested this in our own network environment- so there is no firewall in between that could block any specific port. 

Also if we send a screen capture from Fat-Client to Windows Server or Citrix Server it creates a new .png file in Documents -> MyJabberFiles. But with 0 KB. 

So the connection is possible - Also it's possible for both to reach each other but because port 37200 is not working they can't transfer data. 

If we send a screen capture from a Server to a Fat-Client we get an error and it's not working. 

If we send a screen capture from a Fat-Client to a Server - It works. (Port 37200 is opening properly) 

Do you got ANY idea why the Port 37200 is not opening when we want to send a screen capture from a Server to Fat-Client? 

Thanks for your help!

Did you get anywhere with this?  I'm having the same problem.  However I think I have narrowed it down to the Palo Alto TS Agent we have installed.  Can't seem to find a fix though.

** SOLUTION **

Hi there, 

yes finally after 6 months of troubleshooting we found the problem: 

Palo Alto TS Agent 

Looks like this agent is blocking exactly the port 37200 which is needed to transfer the screencaptures/data.

To solve this issue you have to change the Regkey for the Agent form 0 to 2. 

We are now doing this using GPO's. 

It looks like if you update the PaloAlto Agent it switches back for 0 - So if you use GPO's you can fix this permanently. 

Please rate if this helps! 

Thanks

I have exactly the same issue, could you please help to locate where to change this regkey for the Palo Alto Agent ? Is it the windows registry or something in the Palo Alto GUI ? Thanks for your help

I believe the registry key being refereed to is the same on listed in this article

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000Clj1CAC

We had the same issue and I tested changing it to 2 and it worked for me.

I think 1 may be a better option after reading the article.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: