Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Cisco UCCX 12.0.1 Caller ID

Hi Guys,

I have 2 questions regarding UCCX 12.0.1:

1. Is there a way to display the Original Calling Number (ANI) on the IP Phone/Jabber, without using the annoying utils uccx icd      clid enable in version UCCX 12.0.1

2. Is there a way to display the Caller ID (Name) of the caller if they call from the CUCM cluster (Internally) on the IP Phone/Jabber ?

Thanks,

Shachar

6 REPLIES 6
Collaborator

Re: Cisco UCCX 12.0.1 Caller ID

1. You can use the Get Call Contact step to read the Original Called Number and map it through to Finesse using the Set Enterprise Call Variable step.

2. You could use the Make REST Call step to query UDS for the user details using Calling Number and map the resulting name through as a Enterprise variable to Finesse.

https://developer.cisco.com/docs/user-data-services-api-reference/#!user-data-services-uds-developer-guide

Enthusiast

I have been using the below java code in my uccx script to capture the calling party name. This captures internal and external names, as long as telco is passing them). So whatever CNAME would show on the phone is set as an variable.

set CallingPartyDisplay = { java.lang.reflect.Field ciscoCallField = contact.getClass().getDeclaredField("ciscoCall"); ciscoCallField.setAccessible(true); com.cisco.jtapi.extensions.CiscoCall ciscoCall = (com.cisco.jtapi.extensions.CiscoCall)ciscoCallField.get(contact); return ciscoCall.getCurrentCallingPartyDisplayName(); }
Collaborator

Mike, that looks really useful but I cannot get your java code to work.

It fails with a message not a static method: getClass; nested exception is: java.lang.NullPointerException

Do I need any variables defined in the script other than a string for the result data?

The CCX editor would not save the Set step until I created a variable called contact - I have set the variable type for this to String and Contact but get an error in both cases.

Capture.PNG

VIP Advisor

It looks like you'll need a variable named contact of Type Contact which stores the Triggering Contact in it before you execute this code.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
Enthusiast

Yep, missed that.  contact.getClass()  in the java is a uccx variable, and would need to be declared after Accept step.

contact = Get Trigger Info (Contact)

VIP Advisor

This looks pretty cool! Thanks for sharing this info. Now I'm going to have to spend the rest of the day playing around with this.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards