cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM to CVP calls. CTI-RP vs Route Pattern

Kartik Bhatia
Level 1
Level 1
CVP 9 or above CUCM 9 or above Requirement: 1. Consultive Warm Transfer - The agents to be able to transfer calls to a a different department by dialing an internal number and wait in the queue until answered. 2. Internal - Back-office people to dial internal IT-Helpdesk or HR I see the above call flows as same, i.e. a Call Originating from CUCM to CVP .... correct me please? I have tested both and they both work exactly the same way, i.e. using a CTI-RP associated to PGUSER, ICM answers it sends correlation id to CUCM and CUCM sends this to CVP ...AND... using a simple route patters instead point to CUCM-CVP SIP trunk. Functionally they behave same way - ICM/CVP answers and queues call until answered. But the documentation confuses me, below snippet from CVP Config Guide "... Calls Originated by Unified CM Internal Help Desk calls: For these calls, the Unified Communication Manager (CM) phone user calls a CTI Route Point Consultative Warm Transfer: For these calls, a Unified CM agent places the caller on hold and dials in to Unified ICME to reach a second agent .... " And then on the same doc, there a Note (*1) Note For warm transfers, the call from Agent 1 to Agent 2 does not typically use a SIP Trunk, but you must configure the CTI Route Point for that dialed number on the Unified CM server and associate that number with your peripheral gateway user (PGUSER) (*2) And then again on the same doc under 'Unified ICME Warm Consult Transfer/Conference to Unified CVP' chapter/section it mentiones doing this using a Route Patter 'Create a route pattern and assign the route list to the route pattern' So the confusion is 1. Why treat these call flows as Internal and Warm Transfer - they are calls from CUCM to CVP for the same end result - queue the call and transfer to an agent? 2. Route pattern or CTI-RP, what diff it makes? They both behave the same way, so is there a diff from reporting point of view that a call to CTI-RP are treated as Transferred rather than new calls or what? 3. Also if you compare (*1) & (*2) above, they both talk about Warm Transfer and *1 says 'must use CTI-RP' and *2 says use a Route Pattern? Please assist. Thanks & Regards, Kartik
29 Replies 29

You have to point the route pattern for VRU labels for CUCM to CVP SIP Trunks,

you can't point them directly to gateway and execute bootstrap service.

the VRU label sent to CUCM RC must be send to CVP sip service, now CVP sip service will once again query back the ICM where ICM will send one more label to CVP which CVP will use to locate VXML gateway.

e.g Call to CTI RP --> ICM will pass 6111111111! to CUCM

--> CUCM will match route pattern and send it directly to CVP or CUSP

-->if CUSP is used, the CUSP will point it to server group of CVPs

--> the label will come as new SIP invite to CVP sip service

--> CVP will break the label down with DN and CorID based on MAX DNIS length configured on call server (MAX DNIS length should always match the length of VRU label)

--> CVP Queries ICM with DNIS and CorID, ICM is able to identify the call based on CorID and issues one more VRU label to CVP(you configure separate VRU label for all Routing clients).

--> CVP finds VXML gateway for that VRU label based on Static routes or DNS SRV or what so ever your solution uses and sends the call to VXML gateway.

--> VXML gateway matches dial-peer for that label, runs bootstrap service, identifies the CVP from the request came and send HTTP request to IVR service of that CVP

Done!!!

Thanks mate...

I will check on this and come back with result. Give me sometime.

Thanks,

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

sure, please update the thread when you have the results.

Chintan,

Need clarification on below flow what u mentioned earlier. Correct if am wrong.

--> CVP will break the label down with DN and CorID based on MAX DNIS length configured on call server (MAX DNIS length should always match the length of VRU label)

Configured "6111> 192.168.83.241" under CVP call server > SIP > Local Static Routes.

CVP Logs: SIP 404, Abnormally ending.

--> CVP Queries ICM with DNIS and CorID, ICM is able to identify the call based on CorID and issues one more VRU label to CVP(you configure separate VRU label for all Routing clients).

CVP queried ICM using DNIS: 611111111140, ICM issued VRU label to CVP 811111111141

--> CVP finds VXML gateway for that VRU label based on Static routes or DNS SRV or what so ever your solution uses and sends the call to VXML gateway.

On CVP, System > Dialed Number Pattern > 8111* pointed to VXML gateway.

--> VXML gateway matches dial-peer for that label, runs bootstrap service, identifies the CVP from the request came and send HTTP request to IVR service of that CVP

Bootstrap service is configured on gateway. On VG dial-peer config as below;

!

service bootstrap flash:bootstrap.tcl

!

DP 8111

service bootstrap

incoming called no 8111T

voice-class sip rel1xx disable

dtmf relay rtp nte

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

Noticed is there is silence after dialling RP 3009 and disconnects after 1-2mins max. Result: FAIL.

Thanks...

regards,

Ritesh Desai

*** Please rate helpful post. Please mark as answer if it solves your problem/query.
regards, Ritesh Desai

572: 192.168.83.245: May 09 2016 18:54:34.658 +0530: %CVP_11_0_SIP-3-SIP_ERROR_SNMP: B2BUA is not configured with a route for making calls to [811111111141]. Please add this route. [id:5010]
573: 192.168.83.245: May 09 2016 18:54:34.658 +0530: %CVP_11_0_SIP-3-SIP_CALL_ERROR: CALLGUID = 5E91C7800001000000000040F853A8C0 LEGID = 5e91c780-73018f94-60-f853a8c0 - [INBOUND]: Destination URL is null, cannot make the transfer. [id:5004]

if you see in above logs, it says B2BUA is not configured for label 811111111141,
You might have added route for 81111> but not save and deploy.

do save and deploy and make sure configuration are delivered to CVP and test again.

And Don't forget to rate if it helps.

Regards,

Chintan

Chintan,

Now, am hitting calls on VG with q.850 Normal Clearing code (16). but  its playing CVP ERROR service 92929292.

on CVP I can see error saying Abnormal ending. SIP code 404 not found. Gateway call using SURV TCL flag.

PLs suggest.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

Hey Ritesh, I am once again re emphasising on what i have already commented in previous thread.

the route to 8111111111! for CVP is missing. you have to configure it to point to VXML gateway on your CVP call server.

you may have added the static route and saved it, but would have forgot to do save and deploy.

if already saved and deployed, please try restarting CVP server and see of it helps.

That worked. I solved it. Was getting confused with Dialled Number Pattern under System tab and Device Mgmt > Unified CVP Call Server > SIP Service. Adding static and tested it worked.

But am getting 1 more issue and that is

On Softphone I can see the Label (611111111143) but there is silence for 1 min and call disconnects. At RunExtNode, call moves from X sign and releases. Audio Path is also correct. Codec also not an issue. Its not hitting Queue to SG. I restarted Call Server and VXML Server.

Pls suggest.

regards,

Ritesh Desai.

regards, Ritesh Desai

you may want to pursue the other issue in separate thread, perhaps some one may be able to help you out there.

Thanks Chintan for guidance.

regards,

Ritesh Desai

regards, Ritesh Desai

Hi Chintan, When call is consult trasnfer to anorther queue for announcement using CTI RP, ICM returns a label with correlation ID. This label is displayed on IP Phone agent screen instead of the queue number and queue Name. Is there a way we can manipulate the display on IP Phone screen to show the queue number and queue name. This is the case, when we want to warm transfer call to announcement and this Label with correlation ID is displayed for the comeplete duration of the announcement played and agent is not able to identify which queue he dialed from the phone display

@Manish Jain , can you explain the business case? How would a person who dialed a number know the queue they are getting to? If they have a speed dial for Sales and another for Service in Finesse, then if they select that, doesn't that solve your issue? I know that doesn't give them the exact queue name but since that can always change with scripting, not sure what that accomplishes. It might even confuse an agent, if they think that dialing 1111 always = Sales when sometimes due to routing script 1111 = Sales but other times it goes to Service.

How Does your Route pattern on CUCM to route VRU label look like?

the label is appended by cor ID, is your route pattern able to handle that?

i see in your above post that you have route pattern 611111XXXX, its incorrect.

it should be like 6111111111! (little "!" at the end to catch any thing which starts with 6111111111 and followed by anything)

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Excellent answer Chintan. Great stuff! This really helped me to understand things better

Please rate all useful posts

Excellent Explanation Chintan, I have all my doubts cleared for Agent Transfer.. :)

Especially when CVP receives a  UCM VRU label on SIP SS.

Thanks a lot.