Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP OAMP configuration error

I have installed CVP Call Server 9.0(1) and CVP OAMP server 9.0(1). During adding CVP call server to CVP OAMP the system showing following error message

Unified CVP Call Server with IP <> and hostname <> operation failed. Device could not be reached because of connection timeout. If the problem persists, check security certificate configuration if security checkbox is checked for the device and also restart the unified CVP resource manager service on the device.

I have checked com.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl  properties is set to false and I dint check Enable secure communication with the Ops console.

Any help will be appreciated. For your reference kindly see the atached screenshots.

Regards,

Fakhrul

10 Replies 10

ucsolutions99
Level 1
Level 1

On the CVP Call server

check to see if you have TWO NIC Card.  If you have two NIC Card, disable the one that you are not using.  Then restart all the services on both Call server as well as on Operation Console

Then try it.

Faisal Khan
VoiceBootcamp Inc
www.VoiceBootcamp.com

Cisco Unified CCE 9.0 ResourceKIT - Creator

Faisal Khan VoiceBootcamp Inc www.VoiceBootcamp.com

Fairooz P P
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Fakrhul,

Are you still facing this issue?? Please let me know how you solved this.

Regards

Fairooz

harish.doer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Mohammad,

I'm facing the same issue with 10.5.1. Please let me know how you solved this issue??

Regards,

Harish R

(harish.doer@gmail.com)

try this

1. access call server

2. stop the call server services

3. Run %CVP_HOME%\bin\TAC\reimage.bat. 

4. restart call server services 

5. try adding again in ops console.

Hi Chintan,

Thanks for your response. 

The above stated issue has been resolved after reinstalling the CVP components again. (I.e Uninstalled the CVP through control panel and reinstalled)

Regards,

Harish R

Hello Chintan,

I have upgraded CVP in my lab from 9.0 to 10.5.

After the upgrade, I was still able to receive calls normally as before but in the Operations Console, the status of the Call and VXML servers is shown as Not Reachable.

I tried the above workaround and it didn't work.

Below is an extract of the error log.

298: 192.168.2.168: Dec 31 2015 11:51:37.420 +0200: %CVP_10_5_OAMP-3-OAMP_OWEB_FORWARD_NO_DEVICE_CONNECTION: Unable to process managed operation because no connection could be made to device Call-VXML-A. [id:7057]
436: 192.168.2.168: Dec 31 2015 11:54:24.867 +0200: %CVP_10_5_OAMP-3-OAMP_OMGR_JMX_CONNECTION_ERROR: Unable to establish JMX connector to URI service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://192.168.2.215:2099/jmxrmi: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect [id:7513]
441: 192.168.2.168: Dec 31 2015 11:54:24.867 +0200: %CVP_10_5_OAMP-3-OAMP_OWEB_FORWARD_DEVICE_EXCEPTION_ERROR: An unexpected exception occurred during operation Save&Deploy (Device name: Call-VXML-A | Managed address: 192.168.2.215 | Device type: Unified CVP Call Server): com.cisco.cvp.oamp.omgr.exception.MgmtException: JMX connection failed: uri=service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://192.168.2.215:2099/jmxrmi,rmiTimeout=10
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.omgr.adapter.mgmt.ORMConnection.connect(ORMConnection.java:157)
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.omgr.adapter.mgmt.ORMConnection.<init>(ORMConnection.java:77)
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.omgr.adapter.mgmt.ORMConnectionCache.requestConnection(ORMConnectionCache.java:119)
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.omgr.Component.requestConnection(Component.java:384)
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.omgr.Component.connect(Component.java:366)
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.omgr.Component.goOnline(Component.java:259)
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.omgr.Device.subsystem(Device.java:1309)
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.omgr.Device.subsystem(Device.java:1283)
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.omgr.Device.subsystem(Device.java:1264)
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.presentation.action.SIPComprehensiveConfigLookupDispatchAction.writeConfig(SIPComprehensiveConfigLookupDispatchAction.java:379)
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.presentation.action.SIPComprehensiveConfigLookupDispatchAction.saveOrApply(SIPComprehensiveConfigLookupDispatchAction.java:270)
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.presentation.action.SIPComprehensiveConfigLookupDispatchAction.apply(SIPComprehensiveConfigLookupDispatchAction.java:99)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.dispatchMethod(DispatchAction.java:276)
at org.apache.struts.actions.DispatchAction.execute(DispatchAction.java:196)
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.presentation.action.ExtendedDispatchAction.execute(ExtendedDispatchAction.java:168)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:415)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:641)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.filter.XSSFilter.doFilter(XSSFilter.java:27)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:581)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:987)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:579)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1600)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
Caused by: java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host: 127.0.0.1; nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:619)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(TCPChannel.java:216)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(TCPChannel.java:202)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:129)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIServerImpl_Stub.newClient(Unknown Source)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.getConnection(RMIConnector.java:2392)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector.connect(RMIConnector.java:308)
at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:268)
at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:227)
at com.cisco.cvp.oamp.omgr.adapter.mgmt.ORMConnection$JMXConnectorCreator.run(ORMConnection.java:194)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)
at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(DualStackPlainSocketImpl.java:79)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:172)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:579)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:528)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:425)
at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:208)
at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIDirectSocketFactory.java:40)
at sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(RMIMasterSocketFactory.java:147)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(TCPEndpoint.java:613)
... 9 more [id:7053]
442: 192.168.2.168: Dec 31 2015 11:54:24.867 +0200: %CVP_10_5_OAMP-3-OAMP_OWEB_FORWARD_NO_DEVICE_CONNECTION: Unable to process managed operation because no connection could be made to device Call-VXML-A. [id:7057]

The ping is successful from the operations console to the call/vxml server.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Lara

I got my issue resolved when I added the following under %CVP_HOME%/conf/wrapper file on the CVP servers

wrapper.java.additional.10 = -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=IP_ADDRESS_OF_THE_MACHINE

Regards,

Hi Lara,

I was having same issue on CVP 11.0 version. The issue got resolved after changing wrapper file as per your comments.

Thanks!

Regards,

Sadashiv 

I'm installing CVP 11.6 and actually resolved my issue by editing:

wrapper.java.additional.9= -Djava.rmi.server.hostname=<IP Address>

Seems this was caused when I installed the Call Server before removing an extra NIC with an erroneous IP address that was populating this value.  I updated this value with the correct IP address and all is well.

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

I ran into this issue on 10.5(1). I originally tried Chintan's solution, but that did not work for me. An uninstall/reinstall of the CVP software resolved this. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: