Views
Helpful
Replies

Debug an HTTP Request in Webex Contact Center

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, 

I am just wondering if it is possible to show the outputs from an HTTP Request in Webex Contact Center. It seems impossible to tell why my request is failing. Everything seems encrypted. 

kgroves42_1-1695375170605.png

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mparra.fusionet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Here's a quick and dirty way to validate/debug what we are sending with that HTTPS Activity to an external system on Webex Contact Center, as mentioned previously, you could use Postman to build the request, test it and then build it in the HTTPS Activity, but it is easy to assign incorrectly stuff in the FlowScript so having the certainty that we are sending the message to the external application just like we prepped it in Postman is a key part of the troubleshooting.

To do that just send the HTTP request to the dynamic URL generated by this website: https://webhook.site, and it will show you what you are sending in your HTTP message (headers and everything), for example, I am sending the calling number variable  in the body of the HTTP request in a JSON format to the dynamic URL generated by https://webhook.site

mparrafusionet_1-1695788869215.png

And now you can see what you sent, showing you the caller ID with all the headers in the API request.

mparrafusionet_2-1695789129902.png

Having to do this makes me miss UCCX-UCCE, any development IDE has a way to watch the value of variables and the responses of HTTP steps/elements/commands if there are available, but it seems that's the only way to do it in this case is by using an external tool to log the request (Splunk, Azure, or GoogleSheets as David alluded to), I wish they change this behavior or maybe someone points me on how to make the debug on WebexConnect more practical by providing a way to view this on the Send HTTP activity.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

My advice: use the application "Postman" to test the request and see the output or error messages of the response.
And after it works in Postman, configure the request in WxCC the same way.

Thank you for the reply, yep works great in postman. Just not in in this step. But I am more asking if there is anyway to see the encrypted output in the debug. thanks again

kgroves42_0-1695378678974.png

I faced the same issue and figure out a way to be able get it done using Google sheets out of all things. I’ve been meaning to post a blog about it, but I’ve not gotten around it. Ping me directly and I can show you what I’m doing and hopefully it can help you. You can ping me on WebEx at first name at squareo.com.

david

mparra.fusionet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Here's a quick and dirty way to validate/debug what we are sending with that HTTPS Activity to an external system on Webex Contact Center, as mentioned previously, you could use Postman to build the request, test it and then build it in the HTTPS Activity, but it is easy to assign incorrectly stuff in the FlowScript so having the certainty that we are sending the message to the external application just like we prepped it in Postman is a key part of the troubleshooting.

To do that just send the HTTP request to the dynamic URL generated by this website: https://webhook.site, and it will show you what you are sending in your HTTP message (headers and everything), for example, I am sending the calling number variable  in the body of the HTTP request in a JSON format to the dynamic URL generated by https://webhook.site

mparrafusionet_1-1695788869215.png

And now you can see what you sent, showing you the caller ID with all the headers in the API request.

mparrafusionet_2-1695789129902.png

Having to do this makes me miss UCCX-UCCE, any development IDE has a way to watch the value of variables and the responses of HTTP steps/elements/commands if there are available, but it seems that's the only way to do it in this case is by using an external tool to log the request (Splunk, Azure, or GoogleSheets as David alluded to), I wish they change this behavior or maybe someone points me on how to make the debug on WebexConnect more practical by providing a way to view this on the Send HTTP activity.

Thank you @mparra.fusionet  and @david.macias for helping me debug this issue. The webhook.site was very helpful, as soon as I sent my request to that site I saw what my error was in my config (I was sending the variable name and not the actual variable).  It literally took 5 minutes to fix it. 

Thanks Again!