cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DN to CallType bulk mapping

Muhammad Raza
Level 3
Level 3

is there any option to map bulk DN's with Calltype's, using ICM configuration manager or tool?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes, there's definitely a way. You can use the BulkLoadConfig.exe application that resides in C:\icm\bin. This method is completely unsupported (as of version 10.5) but use on your own accord. You would go into the Dialed Number Bulk Edit, export the DNs, go into the Call Type Bulk Edit, export the Call Types. You would then correlate the DialedNumberID to the CallTypeID. An example could be...

Your Dialed Number is 3131234567 and it has six peripherals; CVP1, CVP2, CVP3, CVP4, UCM1, UCM2 (large environment). They each have their own DialedNumberID, and they are as follows:

CVP1.3131234567 = 9454
CVP2.3131234567  = 9564
CVP3.3131234567 = 9674
CVP4.3131234567  = 9784
UCM1.3131234567  = 9894
UCM2.3131234567  = 10004

Those will all map to whatever Call Type you've selected. Let's just say for example that the Call Type ID is 11423.

With that taken care of, you'll now need the headers. Go into the database and do a SELECT * FROM Dialed_Number_Map and you’ll see what headers you’ll need. Next, create a text file and set your headers correctly – this must be tab delimited. When you're ready to run this utility, you'll remove the headers. 

DialedNumberID   Item   CallTypeID   RegionID   CEDWildCard   ANIWildCard   ANIWildCardType   Description

I'll preface this by saying that this is what shows up for me. I work in North America with predominately US based customers. If there are columns with NULL values, we’re going to leave those empty when we open this up in Excel. We have three columns that are NULL; RegionID, ANIWildCard, and Description.

So with your tab delimited text file created, open it up in Excel and start populating the DialedNumberID and CallTypeID columns. From what I see in the database, the column for Item will always have a value of 0, CEDWildCard will have a value of _A, and ANIWildCardType of 5. So your file should look something like this for 3131234567. This is what shows up for me - yours might be different.

DialedNumberID   Item   CallTypeID   RegionID   CEDWildCard   ANIWildCard   ANIWildCardType   Description
9453 0 11423   _A   5  
9564 0 11423   _A   5  
9674 0 11423   _A   5  
9784 0 11423   _A   5  
9894 0 11423   _A   5  
10004 0 11423   _A   5  

For me, RegionID, ANIWildCard, and Description is intentionally left blank (I'm in North America). If you do have regions and ANI wild cards, you might have data for those columns. You'll know once you query the Dialed_Number_Mapping table. Whatever is left blank will have a NULL value in the table. Once you're done with your file, save it (I'll save it as DN_CT_Mapping.txt) and then open it back up in notepad and remove all eight headers. Additionally, make sure that the very last line is tabbed and has a return carriage to the next line. Once your text file is complete, open up a command prompt and execute the following. I've attached two samples to this post that has all eight fields, three of which are blank. Once sample has the headers, the other does not. Remember... you have to remove the headers to complete this.

C:\Users\admin>cd c:\icm\bin
C:\icm\bin>BulkLoadConfig.exe Dialed_Number_Map "C:\Users\ipccadmin\Desktop\DN_CT_Mapping.txt"

Here's why it's not supported:

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Chintan Gajjar
Level 8
Level 8

not possible, you can bulk configure call type and DN

but mapping you have to do manually. i know its cumbersome for new setups and Cisco should implement such option.

Edit: I misread the question, Chintan is right not possible.

david

what about BulkLoadConfig.exe ?

Nathan Luk
Level 1
Level 1

Unfortunately no there is nothing from Cisco which will let you do this. I have worked around it using keystroke macro type tools like AutoIT when I've had to map 16000+ DNs (even then I tended to do it in batches of 1000 since when you try to do too many at once when you click save, config manager has a heart attack and doesn't finish).

With this, your naming convention is important when configuring the DNs. I normally would encourage them to be setup as DialedNumber.RoutingClient instead of the default other way around so for each dialed number string, all the DNs are grouped together.

I had also used macros to do other things like bulk Skill Group assignments (before this was implemented in CCMP).

Omar Deen
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes, there's definitely a way. You can use the BulkLoadConfig.exe application that resides in C:\icm\bin. This method is completely unsupported (as of version 10.5) but use on your own accord. You would go into the Dialed Number Bulk Edit, export the DNs, go into the Call Type Bulk Edit, export the Call Types. You would then correlate the DialedNumberID to the CallTypeID. An example could be...

Your Dialed Number is 3131234567 and it has six peripherals; CVP1, CVP2, CVP3, CVP4, UCM1, UCM2 (large environment). They each have their own DialedNumberID, and they are as follows:

CVP1.3131234567 = 9454
CVP2.3131234567  = 9564
CVP3.3131234567 = 9674
CVP4.3131234567  = 9784
UCM1.3131234567  = 9894
UCM2.3131234567  = 10004

Those will all map to whatever Call Type you've selected. Let's just say for example that the Call Type ID is 11423.

With that taken care of, you'll now need the headers. Go into the database and do a SELECT * FROM Dialed_Number_Map and you’ll see what headers you’ll need. Next, create a text file and set your headers correctly – this must be tab delimited. When you're ready to run this utility, you'll remove the headers. 

I'll preface this by saying that this is what shows up for me. I work in North America with predominately US based customers. If there are columns with NULL values, we’re going to leave those empty when we open this up in Excel. We have three columns that are NULL; RegionID, ANIWildCard, and Description.

So with your tab delimited text file created, open it up in Excel and start populating the DialedNumberID and CallTypeID columns. From what I see in the database, the column for Item will always have a value of 0, CEDWildCard will have a value of _A, and ANIWildCardType of 5. So your file should look something like this for 3131234567. This is what shows up for me - yours might be different.

9453 0 11423   _A   5  
9564 0 11423   _A   5  
9674 0 11423   _A   5  
9784 0 11423   _A   5  
9894 0 11423   _A   5  
10004 0 11423   _A   5  

For me, RegionID, ANIWildCard, and Description is intentionally left blank (I'm in North America). If you do have regions and ANI wild cards, you might have data for those columns. You'll know once you query the Dialed_Number_Mapping table. Whatever is left blank will have a NULL value in the table. Once you're done with your file, save it (I'll save it as DN_CT_Mapping.txt) and then open it back up in notepad and remove all eight headers. Additionally, make sure that the very last line is tabbed and has a return carriage to the next line. Once your text file is complete, open up a command prompt and execute the following. I've attached two samples to this post that has all eight fields, three of which are blank. Once sample has the headers, the other does not. Remember... you have to remove the headers to complete this.

C:\Users\admin>cd c:\icm\bin
C:\icm\bin>BulkLoadConfig.exe Dialed_Number_Map "C:\Users\ipccadmin\Desktop\DN_CT_Mapping.txt"

Here's why it's not supported:

Thanks Omar.

Does this process modify or overwrite the Dialed_Number_Map table?

@brienstepp1- This will modify the table by adding these records as net new. If you attempt to do this with a DialedNumber that is already mapped to a Call Type, it'll fail but won't break anything.

Omar.

Does the whole import fail or just that number?

Good question... I'm not entirely certain. You could find out though by querying the Dialed_Number_Map table and see if there are any new records.

Whole import will fail.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: