Helpful
Replies

Dynamic variable syntax in ICM-script

windleaf5188
Level 1
Level 1

hello, I have a dynamic variable 

Call.PeripheralVariable4

I want to get the value dynamic from "formula editor: SkillGroup.PG2.SK_FMX_COM_N1.LoggedOn  for example

so I use concatenate("SkillGroup.PG2.",Call.PeripheralVariable4,".LoggedOn"),but with this function , I can get just a string "SkillGroup.PG2.SK_FMX_COM_N1.LoggedOn", but not the value

Can you help me? Thank you .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wait, what is the meaning of PG2 in your syntax?
Is the enterprise of your skill groups is PG2.SkillGroupName ?

If so you should set use some new variable, like Call.user.temp, for example, which you'll use to set the following: concatenate("PG2.",Call.PeripheralVariable4)

And then, in your IF node do like this:

SkillGroup.{Call.user.temp}.LoggedOn

If the PeripheralVariable4 already contains the "PG2." at the start of the string, so you don't need to do the above and you can just do it like that:

SkillGroup.{Call.PeripheralVariable4}.LoggedOn

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Unless this has changed in 11, this is not possible. Search the forum for it, this comes up every few months.

david

Yes,it is 11.5, can you tell me how to get the result from this func.thanks

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Pretty much sure it didn't change in 11.5, I think I even tested it few month ago.

The correct syntax is working only in "If" nodes, not in "Set" nodes.

In "If" nodes you can write like that: SkillGroup.PG2.{Call.PeripheralVariable4}.LoggedOn

Don't understand this logic, if they implemented it in "If" nodes so why not in "SET"....

Thanks for your help, I try to add SkillGroup.PG2.{Call.PeripheralVariable4}.LoggedOn in my if node, but it doesn't work. I have a error: "Undefined symbol: SkillGroup.PG2.."

Here is a picture of error in the attachment

Wait, what is the meaning of PG2 in your syntax?
Is the enterprise of your skill groups is PG2.SkillGroupName ?

If so you should set use some new variable, like Call.user.temp, for example, which you'll use to set the following: concatenate("PG2.",Call.PeripheralVariable4)

And then, in your IF node do like this:

SkillGroup.{Call.user.temp}.LoggedOn

If the PeripheralVariable4 already contains the "PG2." at the start of the string, so you don't need to do the above and you can just do it like that:

SkillGroup.{Call.PeripheralVariable4}.LoggedOn

I hate to bump super old threads, but I have a UCCE 12.0 install and do not see an option to have a dynamic SG. I have it for PQs (PQ.{}.x), but not for SGs. Am I missing something?

david

No, I've seen that you can dynamically reference a SG inside a queue to SG node, but what I'm trying to do is the same thing as the OP mentions. IF DynamicNameofSG.LoggedOn check. @Slavik Bialik makes it sound like it's possible, but I just can't find how it is. I've checked UCCE 11.0, 12.0 and 12.5 and none allow a way to reference a dynamic SG in an IF node.

david

Hi David,

Were you able to get "IF DynamicNameofSG.LoggedOn check" working? In case of no, does anyone know a workaround or if there is an enhancement requested?

Thanks

It does not work nor is there an enhancement request. The workaround is to move to Precision Queues

This is the sad way.

david

You could always submit an enhancement request to get things started. Not sure if it will gain much traction considering how long this has been an issue, but you never know.