cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse screen pop from SQL database

oliverpowell
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer that will have a SQL database that they want Finesse to contact with a ANI to bring back certain account details?

I guess I can use a screen pop gadget to use values from callvariables, then form a http request for the data, but can anyone suggest a form in which to view the response?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How about creating a custom gadget? Take a look at the Screenpop Sample Gadget from the Finesse Sample Gadgets page (If you are using a version prior to Finesse 11.0, go to the archives page) to see how to pull the ANI value. This sample gadget uses a callvariable to do a browser search. This concept can be extended to fit your needs.

You can build a custom gadget where you grab the ANI value and do the HTTP request to the SQL database. Then using javascript, you can parse the response and display the values in the custom gadget.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

dekwan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

How about creating a custom gadget? Take a look at the Screenpop Sample Gadget from the Finesse Sample Gadgets page (If you are using a version prior to Finesse 11.0, go to the archives page) to see how to pull the ANI value. This sample gadget uses a callvariable to do a browser search. This concept can be extended to fit your needs.

You can build a custom gadget where you grab the ANI value and do the HTTP request to the SQL database. Then using javascript, you can parse the response and display the values in the custom gadget.

Denis,

Do you happen to have an example of making the HTTP request to the SQL database?  Everything else I've figured out how to do.

Thanks

Hi Bruce,

Unfortunately I don't.

Thanx,

Denise

Hi Bruce,

I have the same requirment and taught of checking how yours is done.Any info is appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: