cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finesse The operation timed out or failed. Please try again or contact the administrator.

Jakub Stroinski
Level 4
Level 4

My agents are getting this message rather often when trying to change state from Ready <--> Not Ready (their status changes in the background but the message pops regardless)

Same thing when making changes to the Finesse Administrator, windows wont load and leave the following message:

The operation timed out or failed. Please try again or contact the administrator.

Any idea on how to approach this?

14 Replies 14

Murali_DS
Level 1
Level 1

Do u  have a screenshot of this, Does this happen every time thery try to change the status or any abnormalities found in their phones??

Thx,

M

Et voila

What is the version, Have u checked the Up time of Notification service.

Can you send me logs from RTMT for that particular time frame.

SIVANESAN R

Notification Service is IN SERVICE for 32 days

Version is 10.6.1.10000-39

Any specific logs?

Im digging through some stuff in the logs I see and Im seeing this which looks odd

2016.01.09 09:44:03 Error or result packet could not be delivered <iq type="result" id="etweBnw+KQCukF732Q7WuJ+JoNg=" from="pubsub.svr-uccx.pos.local" to="filipe@svr-uccx.pos.local/desktop"/>
2016.01.09 09:46:47 Error or result packet could not be delivered <iq type="result" id="RmxITKmTrxL3huYdJQ+D8p6fWI4=" from="pubsub.svr-uccx.pos.local" to="jstroinski@svr-uccx.pos.local/desktop"/>

And stuff like this

2016.01.05 15:08:08 Pending elements reached its threshold - 50 for session 5485b6f, JID - filipe@svr-uccx.pos.local/desktop
2016.01.05 15:08:08 Pending elements reached its threshold - 50 for session 5485b6f, JID - filipe@svr-uccx.pos.local/desktop

And

2016.01.10 08:27:24 Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended.
2016.01.10 08:27:24 Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended.

Turns out it was an incorrectly configured DNS on the UCCX box. Changed it, rehosted my licenses and all is good to go :)

We have the same issue encountered, is there somewhere in the UCCX or Finesse logs which indicate this ?

Not that I know of unfortunately.

It was the reverse DNS that was missing as well. Forward DNS was set up and the DNS servers on the UCCX were improperly set up.

Verify your settings and go from there.

Always Make sure you configured UCCX Hostname in lowercase ..)

SIVANESAN R

We managed to investigate further and its not the DNS settings :)

Its that specific Dynamics page which is not iFrame-friendly, Partner has developed a gadget (screenpop gadget) calling a URL with call variables but its not behaving well as compared to running it directly in a Browser itself.

Anyway, we might have to use an alternative method calling an intermediary web form which in turn screen pop the detailed Dynamics Caller Profile page. Tried and tested in another customer site.

Alagappan
Level 1
Level 1

I Have the same problem in PCCE with Finesse 11.5, could anyone help

Hi,

I am having the same problem whit PCCE 9, did you find out the reason why of this nessages?

Regards!

Dear Alagappan,
I am using the Cisco UCCX V-11.5 and I had the same problem faced by the agent. I did the following and resolved the issue.
- Click on end of shift (if it worked), but I am sure it will not work.
- Press control + H (it will take you to the browser's history), delete your browser history
I am sure it will work, if still not fixed it then do and apply the following commands
- go to run & type cmd (type: ipconfig/release
- again press ipconfig/renew
- unplug the ethernet cable from the Cisco IP Phone & re-plug it back after 10 Sec
- Now login back to your Cisco Finesse Server link(Web Portal).
You will see the normal Cisco Agent page with all settings available 

mlucas1911
Level 4
Level 4

Just adding another possible resolution to this, if you haven't restarted the Finesse Tomcat service since activating it, you may experience these timeout errors.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: