Views
Helpful
Replies

GILA and UCGURU Wallboard Compatibillity with UCCX 10.6.1

niterid3r
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are currently running UCCX 9.0SU2 with two free flavours of Wallboards. i.e. UCGURU and Gila

We are intending to upgrade UCCX to version 10.6.1 and I would like to confirm whether the above two type of wall boards are still supported with the new version of UCCX. 

Just wondering if someone has already gone through this path?

Any help would be appreciated. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The wallboard servers which you are currently using with UCCX 9.0(2) SU2 are not supported if you will go by below Compatibility Matrix:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_9.0%282%29_SU2#Wallboard.C2.A0

However starting v10.5, there is no such supported wallboard section mentioned in the Compatibility Matrix anymore, same applies for 10.6 Compatibility Matrix. If you will check the Wallboards section of below Design Guide, it clearly mentions

Obtain the wallboard from a Cisco-approved vendor from Cisco Marketplace:
https://marketplace.cisco.com/

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/design/guide/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express.pdf

The vendors you are are currently using do not seem to be showing up in the Marketplace. What this means is that you can continue using them with v10.6 as well and they should work, however if they do not then TAC will only be responsible for UCCX side of troubleshooting and not on the Wallboard side.

By the way this is the case even if you will go for a supported wallboard vendor mentioned in the Marketplace but in that case support for wallboard will come directly from the vendor from whom you bought the product in the first place. 

TAC support in both these cases will be limited to UCCX and not on the wallboard side categorically.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

Nathan Luk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi niterid3r,

I've done this upgrade and used the free wallboard solutions such as Gila to still connect to them (or at least a customised version of Gila). They still work, however "out of the box" if you have a HA system they don't handle failover since they don't do the REST API isDBMaster call to check which is active since the Realtime tables they rely on only are populated in the inactive server (or active I keep forgetting).

Cheers,

Nathan

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The wallboard servers which you are currently using with UCCX 9.0(2) SU2 are not supported if you will go by below Compatibility Matrix:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_9.0%282%29_SU2#Wallboard.C2.A0

However starting v10.5, there is no such supported wallboard section mentioned in the Compatibility Matrix anymore, same applies for 10.6 Compatibility Matrix. If you will check the Wallboards section of below Design Guide, it clearly mentions

Obtain the wallboard from a Cisco-approved vendor from Cisco Marketplace:
https://marketplace.cisco.com/

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/design/guide/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express.pdf

The vendors you are are currently using do not seem to be showing up in the Marketplace. What this means is that you can continue using them with v10.6 as well and they should work, however if they do not then TAC will only be responsible for UCCX side of troubleshooting and not on the Wallboard side.

By the way this is the case even if you will go for a supported wallboard vendor mentioned in the Marketplace but in that case support for wallboard will come directly from the vendor from whom you bought the product in the first place. 

TAC support in both these cases will be limited to UCCX and not on the wallboard side categorically.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks alot for your response Deepak.

I completely understand that the Wallboard we are using is not supported by TAC.  Pretty obvious reason why the company has stuck to this is because it is free. 

What I want to confirm is if someone has got the similar setup working in their environment. Just want to avoid surprises after the upgrade. 

Regards,

niterid3r

Hmm, you can wait for other people to respond then. However, as far as functionality is concerned I do not see any reason it will not work with 10.6 when it is working with 9.x.

At the architecture level there are no changes which will make it non working but of course it will be nice if people can share their live experiences.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Everyone,

So I did setup the LAB environment with CUCM 10.5.1 and UCCX 10.6.1SU1 and can safely attest that Gila and UCguru wallboard works fine. 

I was also able to run UCCX in Mixed mode - CAD and Finesse working at the same time. Next to try is the CAD2Finesse Migration utility. 

Thanks everyone for your response. 

Regards,

niterid3r

Hi All,

After running the lab environment I can safely confirm that both flavours of wallboards mentioned above does work with UCCX10.6.1 SU1

Also, I was able to run the UCCX in Mixed Mode - CAD and Finesse together. Great feature to have specially for migration purpose. 

Next thing to try is the CAD to Finesse migration utility. 

Thanks every one for your response.

Regards,

niterid3r

Nathan Luk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi niterid3r,

I've done this upgrade and used the free wallboard solutions such as Gila to still connect to them (or at least a customised version of Gila). They still work, however "out of the box" if you have a HA system they don't handle failover since they don't do the REST API isDBMaster call to check which is active since the Realtime tables they rely on only are populated in the inactive server (or active I keep forgetting).

Cheers,

Nathan

Hey Nathan,

Thanks for your feedback. Good to know that it does work with new version of UCCX. I was going to run it in out lab environment to confirm,  had UC lab already setup just needed our systems team to clone the wallboard VM.

In regards to HA comptaibility with Wallboard that is exactly we do now..manually point the wallboard odbc driver to active uccx server. 

Regards

niterid3r

Hello All, I have been using this wallboard for little while now. It works great pulls CSQ stats. Looks great! The only thing sucks is in HA cluster, you have to manually point to Master UCCX node. 

I was actually if anyone has tried the finesse agents stats page, there has been some new code/REST API to display finesse agent stats. I was wondering if anybody has tried it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: