Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM Configuration Tool - API required

pathyilbinu
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

As part of the business requirement, customer would like to have common application to create all kind of users, so application can provide the interferace to create the user, agent, etc..

So our software vendor is looking for the API's or Stored procedure to create the new agent for ICM.

Any clue or advise for this mostly appreciated.

with Regards,

Manivannan

14 Replies 14

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yeah, this is what I have been asking for the last seven years, a configuration API for ICM.

I was always told: "Use ICM Configurator or the Agent Reskilling tool, otherwise if you dare to change anything using SQL queries, you will lose support".

G.

Might want to look into CCMP, might do some of the things you're trying to do.

david

CCMP is extremely painful to use.  Do you know if there is an API to access it?  ICM is in much need of a new admin interface.

Hi Mike,

There is a rest based  API is available through the Solutions Plus VIM product.   If you would like to see it's capabilities, please see 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/hcs-cc/10_0_1/CCDM/CCDMWebServicesReference.pdf.   

It is a complicated solution that requires an expensive API product.  Is this on the road map to be resolved?  Other routing engines have had this capability included for a long time now. 

Hi Mike, there's a config API available now.

Take a look at the programming guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_11_5_1/Program/Guide/UCCE_BK_D70A767A_00_developer-reference-11-5.html

G.

They always say this, but in reality, they have to figure out you have done something unsupported first.  I usually don't divuldge more information to TAC then is required for solving the issue im having....

my opinion is that if I had a reason i needed to create agents outside of the AW, you can bet you ass, I would have figured it out by now, and be using it

Just my 2cents...

chris.harris2
Level 1
Level 1

There is an API - ConAPI. Cisco will provide access and documentation if you provide a suitable reason for needing it.

Although there is such an API called CONAPI, Cisco does not make it available for general use.   The reason is that the API is not a true SDK.  It doesn't include bulletproof API or appropriate developer documentation.

Hi,

is this the 'API' or, rather, communication means between the Dynamic Reskilling Tool and ICM itself?

Thanks.

G.

ConAPI has existed for a long time - ever since Webline and the email/web channels. That's where the CmsJServer, CmsNode, application paths etc all comes in. The back end of the Dynamic Reskilling app server is using this, but it was not written for that.

ConAPI is used today for EIM and WIM (based on eGain OEM products) to obtain configuration data from ICM.

Regards,

Geoff

Exony VIM offers a Web Service API to allow creation of config items on CCE and CUCM. This includes the creation of Agents, Agent Teams, Skill Groups, Call Types, Dialled Numbers, IP Phones, Directory Numbers etc.

Exony VIM is available through the Cisco Solutions Plus re-seller program.
http://www.exony.com/content/vim

Hope that helps, let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan, thanks for the info. I am not quite sure whether this VIM would not be too much, but anyway, I will take a look at it. G.

sophiexemmp390
Level 1
Level 1

Chad Stachowicz wrote:

They always say this, but in reality, they have to figure out you have done something unsupported first.  I usually don't divuldge more information to TAC then is required for solving the issue im having....

my opinion is that if I had a reason i needed to create agents outside of the AW, you can bet you ***, I would have figured it out by now, and be using it

Just my 2cents...

It's helpful to me, I got more deep understanding about this part, Thanks for your instruction!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: